Museu Afro-brasileiroCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Praça 15 de Novembro s/n, Pelourinho, Salvador, 40025–010, Brazil
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-7132835540
- Ticket Price: 6 BRL
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Museums, History Museums, Educational Site
Identified by its pink facade, the Museu Afro-Brasileiro is an important cog in the wheel of Bahia’s history. Everything that you need to know about black culture in Brazil, right from the slave trade to the skills and trades and how it was weaved into Brazil’s culture is all depicted through over 1000 artifacts. There’s a large space dedicated to the Candomble religion delving into the various forms of their primary deity and the characteristics of each form of the deity. The displays include paintings, sculptures, tapestries, and weavings and carved wooden panels that explain the Afro-Brazilian culture that was formed as a result of the slave trade.
- Ask for an English/Portuguese binder at the entrance. It lists out the displays and translates any script that needs translation.
- Praca da Se
- Mamabahia (steaks recommended)
- Hotel Villa Bahia Restaurant (local cuisine recommended)
- Cantina da Lua (buffet recommended)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salvador before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salvador and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.12% of people who visit Salvador include Museu Afro-brasileiro in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
90.38% of people start their Museu Afro-brasileiro visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Museu Afro-brasileiro
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museu Afro-brasileiro