Museu De Arte Moderna, SalvadorCurrently Closed
- Address: Solar do Unhao, Salvador, State of Bahia 40,060,060, Brazil
- Timings: 01:00 pm - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 6 BRL
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Museum
About Museu De Arte Moderna, Salvador
When the time to transform the 18th century sugar warehouse complex, no one would have thought that the architect in charge would create one of the most popular modern art museums, not to mention the beautiful setting it’s surrounded by. Being true to its reputation of being a modern museum, the museum is known for its odd timings and avant-garde exhibits. They have a rotating schedule when it comes to their displays. If the art work gets a little too much, you could always take a walk in the wonderfully maintained gardens and have a spectacular view of the bay.
How To reach Museu De Arte Moderna by Public Transport
- The Solar do Unhao is a little off route, so it’s advisable to take a bus to either Mercado Modelo or Pelourinho and take a taxi from there to the Solar do Unhao.
Restaurants Near Museu De Arte Moderna
- Acqua Cafe (cafe and wine bar)
- Das (specializes in Mediterranean cuisine)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salvador before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salvador and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museu De Arte Moderna
95% of people who visit Salvador include Museu De Arte Moderna in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
49.92% of people plan their visit to Museu De Arte Moderna between 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museu De Arte Moderna
91.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museu De Arte Moderna
Museu De Arte Moderna, Salvador Reviews
Unfortunately, this is a museum that could likely be skipped if you are pressed for time. However, it is free so if you are passing by I would think it is worth dropping into. The best thing is the view. There is no WiFi. Perhaps check the exhibitions prior to visiting to see if it is worth a visit for you.
They have cheap but nice jazz concerts at Saturdays. Take a cab or an uber to came here. Avoid cars once there's no much space to park and there's a lot of people offering their "services" to take care of yours.
A must go place in Salvador. Really well organized, free parking lots, beautiful interior and really good visual from there.
Great exhibitions and beautiful buildings on the water. Jam no MAM (jazz after sunset) is fantastic.
If you are in Bahia and would like to see a favela inside out, bahian style, call me at 71 99197-7278 (RENATO Whatsapp or cell) to visit one of the most beautiful post cards sites of Salvador. A village that has been settled by fisherman over 75 years ago.
All QuestionsMuseu de arte moderna
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Salvador
- Igreja Evangelica Assembleia De Deus Ceadeb
- Arquidiocese De Sao Salvador Da Bahia
- Palacete Das Artes
- Museu Da Musica Brasileira
- Condominio Residencial Vale Verde
- La Na Varanda
- Parque Das Dunas
- Jardim Botanico De Salvador
- Praca Final De Linha Da Boca Do Rio
- Parque Sao Bartolomeu
- Parque Da Cidade Joventino Silva