Festungsbahn33 Votes Currently Open
- Address: FestungsBahn und MönchsbergAufzug, Festungsgasse 4, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-800660660
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Funicular
Below the north side of Salzburg fortress lies the old town, and this funicular railway is everyone’s preferred way of going from one to the other. Opened in 1892, this is the oldest funicular in the country, and has always been hugely popular. Taking one minute to rise 99 meters, and going a length of 191 meters, the funicular serves up some of the more unusual angles from which to photograph Salzburg. Visitors can sometimes be confused by the high prices quoted for the ride, but those also include the admission fees to the fortress itself.
Festungsbahn Travel Tips
- Wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Festungsbahn
- Prices include the admission fees to the fortress.
- 6-14 years: €4.60
- Groups of 10+: €7.30
- Groups of 10+ kids: € 4.50
- Families: €18.40
- Prices given are for ascent and descent combined. One way trips are cheaper.
How to Reach Festungsbahn
- Walk, drive or cycle to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salzburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salzburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.63% of people who visit Salzburg include Festungsbahn in their plan
37.5% of people start their Festungsbahn visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Festungsbahn
90.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Festungsbahn