How to Reach Salzburg, Austria
The Easiest Way to Reach Salzburg
HOW TO GET TO SALZBURG
- By Car – Salzburg is well connected to Vienna, Munich, Germany and Austria through major roadways. However, driving in Salzburg can be a pain as it is hard to find parking spaces and the road names are very difficult to read as they are written in a traditional German font. Further, driving during winters requires a lot of experience as the roads can be very slippery and the car tyres need to be chained.
- By Train – The Hauptbahnhof Station is the main station of Salzburg and is located within the New Town of Salzburg. The station operates intercity as well as international trains to destinations like Zurich, Zagreb, Ljubljana and Budapest. The rail pass can be brought from DB ticket offices as well as DB Ticket Selling Machines in the station.
- By Bus – There are numerous private companies that run busses along various routes to get in in and out of Salzburg. Some of the bus service providers include Czechshuttle, Bean Shuttle, CK Shuttle and Eurobusways.
- By Plane – Salzburg W.A. Mozart International Airport is the main airport of Salzburg that connects it to various destinations across the world. The airport has direct connections from Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Brussels, Dublin, Birmingham, Exeter, London, Istanbul, Palma de Mallorca, Paris, Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Vienna, all big German cities, and Zurich. The airport is located within a 20-minute distance from the city centre.
HOW TO GET AROUND SALZBURG
- Tram and Bus: Salzburg tram and busses operate on the same ticket system. Tickets cost €2.10 for a single journey if purchased from the driver or €1.90 if you buy from a ticket machine or Tabak stand. If you plan to travel by public transport, it is better to get a 24-hour ticket for €5 (for adults) and €2.50 (for children). Night buses run until 12:45 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights. This is a cheap and efficient way to get around the city.
- Bus Taxis: Salzburg bus taxis run along 12 fixed routes in the city and cost about cost €3 per trip. They operate from 11:30 p.m. until 1:30 a.m., and until 3 a.m. on weekends.
- Taxis: Taxis are a convenient but expensive mode of transport. Taxis are convenient of you are planning to travel late in the night. Depending on the company, meters start at €3.60 and charge €.90 per kilometre.
- Bikes: There are a plethora of agencies that give bikes for rent in Salzburg. The cost of renting a bike is around €7 and some hotels even rent them out for free. One of the best ways to explore the city is through bikes. The city is dotted with numerous bike tracks and beautiful trails that make biking a memorable experience.
- On Foot: If you are planning to stay near the city centre, the busses and trams are unnecessary. All the major attractions are located close enough to one another and are best explored ion foot. The compact size of the city makes it convenient to walk e various attractions at your own pace while taking in the mesmerizing beauty of Salzburg.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Salzburg and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Salzburg
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Salzburg. The most preferred mode of transport in Salzburg is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 6.5 km Average time: 47.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 100%Bus 27.5 min Walking 12.5 min Waiting 7.5 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 47.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Salzburg
- How to reach Hallstatt
- How to reach Linz
- How to reach Klagenfurt
- How to reach Melk
- How to reach Villach
- How to reach Graz
- How to reach Zell Am See
- How to reach Kitzbuhel
- How to reach Badgastein
- How to Reach Top Cities in Austria
- How to reach Vienna
- How to reach Bregenz
- How to reach Eisenstadt
- How to reach Innsbruck
- How to reach Bludenz
- How to reach Wagrain
- How to reach Oepping
- How to reach Neustift An Der Lafnitz
- How to reach Thüringen
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach The Campbell
- How to reach Schildow
- How to reach Boriwali