- Address: Linzer G. 5020 Salzburg Austria Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Street Market, Family And Kids, Streets
Once upon a time, this used to be a very important road for Salzburg, as all the exit traffic heading northeast would pass through here. Today, it’s still superbly important, but the reasons have changed. This is now the city’s second most important shopping street. Flanked by 14th and 15th century buildings, and populated by small trades and craftsmen (butcher, bakers, clockmakers), this is thought to be the most quintessentially Salzburgian street. Check out house No. 3 - it was once the house of Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim, or the doctor famously known as Paracelsus. Other highlights include No. 7, or Engel Apotheke, the pharmacy where poet Georg Trakl once worked; and No 9, the Gabler Brau, where opera singer Richard Mayr was born.
How to Reach Linzergasse
- Walk, drive or cycle to here.
- Bus 270 stop Salzburg Theatergasse.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salzburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salzburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Linzergasse Address: Linzer G. 5020 Salzburg Austria
- Linzergasse Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Linzergasse(preferred time): 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Linzergasse: 08:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.84% of people who visit Salzburg include Linzergasse in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
52.94% of people start their Linzergasse visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Linzergasse
64.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Linzergasse
People normally also visit Makartsteg while planning their trip to Linzergasse.