About Makartsteg, Salzburg
Makartsteg, Salzburg - Address
Address: Makartsteg, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Time Required: 00:15 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 212 times in trip plans
View Point, Bridge, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is actually the third bridge at this location to carry the name of the 19th century painter Hans Makart. The first was an 1905 Art Nouveau structure that was replaced by another bridge in 1967. The second construct was famously known as the swinging bridge, that is, standing at the center of the bridge, you could feel it move. As much as the locals loved it, the architects had had no such plans, and that bridge had to be demolished for safety reasons. The current bridge was opened in 2001. Come check out the bridge at night when it is lit up. It’s a glorious sight.
How To reach Makartsteg by Public Transport
- Walk or cycle to here.
- Bus stop at Salzburg Ferdinand-Hanusch-Platz.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salzburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salzburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Makartsteg, Salzburg Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Gerlos Pass
- St.johannes Am Imberg
- Salzachofen - Erlebnisschlucht Salzachofen
- Evangelische Pfarrgemeinde Salzburg Christuskirche
- Sigmundstor Tunnel
- Parish Church St. Andra
- St. Michaelskirche
- St Markus Church
- Museum Der Moderne Rupertinum
- Salzburg Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Salzburg
- What to See in 48 Hours in Salzburg
- What to See in 72 Hours in Salzburg
- How to Spend 5 Days in Salzburg
- How to Spend 6 Days in Salzburg
- How to Spend 7 Days in Salzburg