About Makartsteg, Salzburg
This is actually the third bridge at this location to carry the name of the 19th century painter Hans Makart. The first was an 1905 Art Nouveau structure that was replaced by another bridge in 1967. The second construct was famously known as the swinging bridge, that is, standing at the center of the bridge, you could feel it move. As much as the locals loved it, the architects had had no such plans, and that bridge had to be demolished for safety reasons. The current bridge was opened in 2001. Come check out the bridge at night when it is lit up. It’s a glorious sight.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salzburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salzburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
How To Get To Makartsteg by Public Transport
- Walk or cycle to here.
- Bus stop at Salzburg Ferdinand-Hanusch-Platz.
Book Makartsteg Tickets And Tours
On the Austrian Lakes and Mountains Salzburg Sightseeing Tour, experience the breathtaking beauty of one of Austria's most beautiful regions - the Lake District - just beyond the gates of Salzburg. Your tour begins with a scenic view of Salzburg before touring the scenic and historical landmarks of the beautiful Lake District.
This afternoon tour starts with a panoramic tour of Salzburg which will provide you with an opportunity to see as many historical and cultural highlights as possible in the city where Mozart was born. Then, you'll experience the breathtaking beauty of one of Austria's most beautiful regions - the Lake District just beyond the gates of Salzburg.
This Salzburg Super Saver combines two popular tours into one memorable day, offering you great value for money. Start the day with a historical walking tour through Salzburg's beautiful old town before spending a fun-filled afternoon on the Original Sound of Music Tour! If your time is tight and you'd like to see all the must-see sights of Salzburg, this Super Saver tour gives you a delicious taste of the city. Even better, you'll save money when you buy these combined tours!
Explore the underground world of a centuries-old Bavarian mine on a half-day tour from Salzburg. Choose from a morning or afternoon experience, and travel along the snaking Deutsche Alpenstrasse through the picturesque Bavarian Alps. With a skip-the-line ticket, head inside Berchtesgaden Salt Mines to explore with a guide and see its underground sights by foot, mini-train and boat. Return to daylight for a short tour of Berchtesgaden before your return to Salzburg.
Share your experience - Rate Makartsteg, Salzburg
- Other Attractions
- Teatro Olimpico
- Basilica Palladiana
- Villa Armerico Capra Detta La Rotonda
- Basilica Di Santa Maria Di Monte Berico
- Villa Valmarana Ai Nani
- Parco Querini
- Palazzo Chiericati
- Tempio Di Santa Corona
- Gallerie Di Palazzo Leoni Montanari
- Palladio Museum
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Teatro Olimpico
- Cheap Hotels Near Basilica Palladiana
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Villa Armerico Capra Detta La Rotonda
- Cheap Hotels Near Basilica Di Santa Maria Di Monte Berico
- Hotels Near Villa Valmarana Ai Nani
- Budget Hotels Near Parco Querini
- Cheap Hotels Near Palazzo Chiericati
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Tempio Di Santa Corona
- Cheap Hotels Near Gallerie Di Palazzo Leoni Montanari
- Budget Hotels Near Palladio Museum
- City Tripplans
- Salzburg Itinerary 1 Day
- 2 Day Trip to Salzburg from Salzburg
- Salzburg Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Salzburg from Salzburg
- Salzburg Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Salzburg from Salzburg
- Europe Itinerary 15 Days
- Salzburg Itinerary 3 Days
- Salzburg Itinerary 6 Days
- Salzburg Itinerary 7 Days