Monchsberg Lift, Salzburg
About Monchsberg Lift, Salzburg
Monchsberg Lift, Salzburg - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Gstättengasse 13, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 00:10 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 1.5K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Hill
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Connecting the Anton-Neumayr-Platz to the the Museum der Moderne on the Monchsberg, this lift was built in the 19th century. At that time, it’s 60 metre height made it the highest lift in the world, which instantly also made it a tourist attraction. Thanks to the museum’s location on top of the hill, over 1.3 million people use the lift every year. The old lift was an exterior structure, but the one used today rises through a tunnel in the rock. It’s not a long ascent - only 60 metres still, lasting only 30 seconds. There’s not much else to do here.
Monchsberg Lift Ticket Prices
- 6-14 years years old: € 1.80
- Families: € 7.20
- Groups of 10+: € 3.30
- Groups of 10+, 6-19 years: € 1.60
- Dog: € 2.80
- Combination tickets, for the Museum of Modern Art Mönchsberg and the Museum of Modern Art are also available.
- Prices given here include for return trips: Ascent only or descent only tickets are cheaper.
How To reach Monchsberg Lift by Public Transport
- Bus stop at Salzburg Ferdinand-Hanusch-Platz .
- Drive, cycle or walk to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salzburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salzburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Monchsberg Lift, Salzburg Reviews - Write a Review
Best view of Salzburg: city and fortress. The price is reasonable
A quick life ride up let's you see the whole of Salzburg from near the skies. Beautiful views
Great views and lift itself was modern and efficient. Unfortunately the rest of the construction is not child friendly and if you've got prams and kids you can't avoid lugging them up and down concrete stairs to get in and out.
Must see in Salzburg. You will get very nice view of the whole city, including the castle!
Easily accessible look-out point. The views are spectacular as you can see the Salzburg fortress from here. There is restaurant close by and if you dine there, you can get a free elevator ticket down.
- Nearby Attractions
- Arte Vida Boutique Guesthouse Salzburg
- Yoho International Youth Hostel
- Ballonclub Salzburg
- Zipcar.at - S-hauptbahnhof Bahnhofsgarage
- Hotel Am Dom
- Salzburger Glockenspiel
- Allyouneed Hotel Salzburg
- Hotel Mercure Salzburg City
- H+ Hotel Salzburg
- Salzburg Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Salzburg
- What to See in 48 Hours in Salzburg
- What to See in 72 Hours in Salzburg
- How to Spend 5 Days in Salzburg
- How to Spend 6 Days in Salzburg
- How to Spend 7 Days in Salzburg