Old Market Square, Salzburg
About Old Market Square, Salzburg
Old Market Square, Salzburg - Address
Address: Alter Markt, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Walking Area, Market, Square, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in 1210, this old city market square is still somewhat worthy of its name. Combining architecture, history and enterprise, it was more than merely the location of the weekly dairy, herb, cabbage and stove-fitter’s markets: it was also the venue for various city festival - midsummer, Whitsun, and the dance by barefoot bakers. Check out the 1488 St. Florian Fountain, the rows of medieval burgher houses, the world famous Tomaselli Cafe, and the Rococo facade of the archiepiscopal apothecary. You will also find the smallest house in the historic center of the city here - No. 10a was built to close off an alley. And as with public tourist attractions everywhere, the square is a great place to people watch.
How To reach Old Market Square by Public Transport
- Bus 270 stop Salzburg Rathaus.
- Drive, walk or cycle to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salzburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salzburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Old Market Square, Salzburg Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Ballonclub Salzburg
- Zipcar.at - S-hauptbahnhof Bahnhofsgarage
- Hotel Am Dom
- Salzburger Glockenspiel
- Allyouneed Hotel Salzburg
- Hotel Mercure Salzburg City
- H+ Hotel Salzburg
- The Sound Of Music By Salzburg Panorama Tours
- Stift Sankt Peter Salzburg (erzabtei St. Peter)
- Salzburg Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Salzburg
- What to See in 48 Hours in Salzburg
- What to See in 72 Hours in Salzburg
- How to Spend 5 Days in Salzburg
- How to Spend 6 Days in Salzburg
- How to Spend 7 Days in Salzburg