How to Reach Samsun
Samsun can be easily reached by all modes of transport.
- By Air: The Samsun-Carsamba Airport is well connected by most airports. Alternatively, there are frequent flight from Istanbul and other major cities of Turkey. Summer especially sees a rise in international flights, especially Germany.
- By Rail: Samsun is well connected by railways domestically. Passenger trains to and from Sivas, via Amasya connect Samsun to the rest of Turkey.
- By Road: There are bus companies’ offices at the Cumhuriyet Meydani end of Cumhuriyet Caddes, that connect to the rest of Turkey.
You can explore the city at a pace you like, choosing from one its many networks of trams, buses, dolmuses, and taxis.
- By Dolmuses: The dolmuses are more frequent than buses, however.
- By Trams: The trams are the best way to get around, with a wide number of 21 stations. They run regularly every five to fifteen minutes from 6:15am to almost midnight.
- You can also use a travel card – Samkart here, to use the aforementioned networks.