How to Reach Samsun
Samsun can be easily reached by all modes of transport.
- By Air: The Samsun-Carsamba Airport is well connected by most airports. Alternatively, there are frequent flight from Istanbul and other major cities of Turkey. Summer especially sees a rise in international flights, especially Germany.
- By Rail: Samsun is well connected by railways domestically. Passenger trains to and from Sivas, via Amasya connect Samsun to the rest of Turkey.
- By Road: There are bus companies’ offices at the Cumhuriyet Meydani end of Cumhuriyet Caddes, that connect to the rest of Turkey.
You can explore the city at a pace you like, choosing from one its many networks of trams, buses, dolmuses, and taxis.
- By Dolmuses: The dolmuses are more frequent than buses, however.
- By Trams: The trams are the best way to get around, with a wide number of 21 stations. They run regularly every five to fifteen minutes from 6:15am to almost midnight.
- You can also use a travel card – Samkart here, to use the aforementioned networks.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Samsun. The most preferred mode of transport in Samsun is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 16.01 km Average time: 35.88 min
Bus/Trolleybus 77.78%Bus 19.29 min Waiting 6.43 min Tram 4.57 min Walking 3.43 min Train 2.29 min Overall average time for 16.14 kms 36 min
Tram/Streetcar 11.11%Tram 35 min Overall average time for 15.1 kms 35 min