How to Reach San Antonio
The Easiest Way to Reach San Antonio
By Air: The city is served by San Antonio International Airport, located in uptown San Antonio is a huge airport which is currently going through a multi-million dollar expansion. It connects the Southern part of Texas with the rest of the USA and the World.
By Rail: Amtrak, the American national railway line can be used to get to and from the city using the San Antonio Amtrak station. It connects the city with Chicago’s union station, L.A, Orlando, Florida and New Orleans.
By Road: Several Interstate Highways pass through San Antonio, the 7th largest city in the USA, connecting it to the rest of Texas and the USA. The McDermott Freeway or I-10 runs towards El Paso and Los Angeles.
- I-35 connects San Antonio to the Texan capital Austin and has several exits that connect the more rural parts of the state of Texas with San Antonio.
- I-410 affectionately known simply as “Loop 410” is a beltway that runs all the way around the city of San Antonio with several exits to the main parts of the city.
- By Bus: VIA Metropolitan Transit operates several bus routes within the city as well as an Airport pick-up and drop shuttle. They currently employ diesel-electric hybrid technology and are an ideal way to get around the city with well demarcated bus stops and routes printed at various points in the city.
- By Bicycle: The city has recently begun a bicycle sharing program, where one can rent a cycle to move through the city from one point to another. There are currently 14 of these bike stations spread across the city and they form an ideal way to traverse the city with the fresh breeze in your face on a warm summer’s eve.
- On Foot: San Antonio was rated the 40th most walkable city out of 50 of the largest cities in the United States. The River walk is a stretch of the city that one just absolutely has to walk in the evenings. In the summer the muted strains of flamenco guitars can be heard along the tranquil river banks while people sip on world famous margaritas.
Modes of Transportation in San Antonio
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in San Antonio. The most preferred mode of transport in San Antonio is Car.
Average distance: 24.14 km Average time: 29.7 min
Car 84%Driving 26.76 min Walking 0.38 min Overall average time for 25.29 kms 27.14 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4%Bus 30 min Waiting 20 min Walking 3 min Overall average time for 20.92 kms 53 min
Walking 4%Walking 60 min Overall average time for 3.22 kms 60 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Gettysburg
- How To Reach Zion National Park
- How To Reach Minneapolis
- How To Reach Buffalo
- How To Reach Big Sur
- How To Reach Grand Canyon National Park
- How To Reach Santa Cruz
- How To Reach Bryce Canyon National Park
- How To Reach Haleakala National Park
- How To Reach Hot Springs
- Cities Near San Antonio
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.