How to Reach San Antonio - The Easiest Way to Reach San Antonio
By Air: The city is served by San Antonio International Airport, located in uptown San Antonio is a huge airport which is currently going through a multi-million dollar expansion. It connects the Southern part of Texas with the rest of the USA and the World.
By Rail: Amtrak, the American national railway line can be used to get to and from the city using the San Antonio Amtrak station. It connects the city with Chicago’s union station, L.A, Orlando, Florida and New Orleans.
By Road: Several Interstate Highways pass through San Antonio, the 7th largest city in the USA, connecting it to the rest of Texas and the USA. The McDermott Freeway or I-10 runs towards El Paso and Los Angeles.
- I-35 connects San Antonio to the Texan capital Austin and has several exits that connect the more rural parts of the state of Texas with San Antonio.
- I-410 affectionately known simply as “Loop 410” is a beltway that runs all the way around the city of San Antonio with several exits to the main parts of the city.
- By Bus: VIA Metropolitan Transit operates several bus routes within the city as well as an Airport pick-up and drop shuttle. They currently employ diesel-electric hybrid technology and are an ideal way to get around the city with well demarcated bus stops and routes printed at various points in the city.
- By Bicycle: The city has recently begun a bicycle sharing program, where one can rent a cycle to move through the city from one point to another. There are currently 14 of these bike stations spread across the city and they form an ideal way to traverse the city with the fresh breeze in your face on a warm summer’s eve.
- On Foot: San Antonio was rated the 40th most walkable city out of 50 of the largest cities in the United States. The River walk is a stretch of the city that one just absolutely has to walk in the evenings. In the summer the muted strains of flamenco guitars can be heard along the tranquil river banks while people sip on world famous margaritas.
Are you looking for a San Antonio travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in San Antonio
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in San Antonio. The most preferred mode of transport in San Antonio is Car.
Average distance: 22.83 km Average time: 27.74 min
Car 86.21%Driving 25.12 min Walking 0.32 min Overall average time for 23.69 kms 25.44 min
Bus/Trolleybus 3.45%Bus 30 min Waiting 20 min Walking 3 min Overall average time for 20.92 kms 53 min
Walking 3.45%Walking 60 min Overall average time for 3.22 kms 60 min
How to Reach San Antonio from Nearby Cities
|Boerne to San Antonio||27.2 km||27 mins|
|Schertz to San Antonio||33.25 km||33 mins|
|Castroville to San Antonio||42.86 km||42 mins|
|San Marcos to San Antonio||77.68 km||1 hour 42 mins|
- How to reach Austin
- How to reach Horseshoe Bay
- How to reach Rosanky
- How to reach Agua Dulce
- How to reach Corpus Christi
- How to reach Eagle Pass
- How to reach Port Aransas
- How to reach Comstock
- How to reach Bangs
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco