Lackland Air Force BaseCurrently Open
- Address: 1800 Truemper Rd, Lackland AFB, TX 78236, USA, 78236, San Antonio, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-2106712593
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Military Area , Community And Government, Military, Bases
The Lackland Air Force Base is an active military and training base located in Bexar County, Texas. This air force base is the only Air Force enlisted Basic Military Training (BMT) station. Lackland Air Force Base was merged together with the United States Army Fort Sam Houston and the United States Air Force Randolph Air Force Base to form the Joint Base San Antonio on 1 October 2010. This place has a great display of military aircrafts like the Lockheed SR071 Blackbird, B-17 Flying Fortress, P-38 Lightning, P82 Twin Mustang and much more. The airman run, coin ceremony and graduation are some of the events that take place at the Lackland Air Force Base.
Lackland Air Force Base Travel Tips
- A military ID is required to enter the base and make purchases from the Base Exchange and Commissary.
- If visiting as family or friends, your visit to the air force base must be sponsored.
- Valid forms of IDs: Military (Active, Reserve, National Guard, Dependent, Retiree), Contractor Card, DoD Civilian.
- Basic Military Trainees can sponsor visitor up to 10 guests.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lackland Air Force Base
- Call or visit their website to check the cost for the base pass.
How to Reach Lackland Air Force Base
- By car
- By taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Antonio before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Antonio and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.47% of people who visit San Antonio include Lackland Air Force Base in their plan
25% of people start their Lackland Air Force Base visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lackland Air Force Base
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lackland Air Force Base