Mcnay Art Museum409 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 6000 N New Braunfels Ave, San Antonio, TX 78209, United States, 78209
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2108245368
- Fax: +1-8139325733
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Art Dealers And Galleries
Marion Koogler McNay bequeathed the state her mansion, her art collection and most of her fortune in the creation of this museum. It’s one of the best collection of fine arts in Texas – possessing over 14,000 items of art and sculpture including the works of Paul Cezanne, Pablo Picasso, Paul Gauguin, Henri Matisse, Georgia O'Keeffe, Diego Rivera, Mary Cassatt, and Edward Hopper. In addition to that it possesses collections of Egyptian Mummies, Roman Coins and a costume collection.
The Museum has undergone various expansions since McNay’s death and also hosts the Tobin Collection of Theater Arts. The building itself does not lack for beauty, it’s Spanish Colonial Revival, adds rest on a beautifully landscaped grounds filled with fountains, a Japanese Garden and a fish pond. Texans are usually surprised to discover the place, and often walk away quoting “it’s a gem.”
Mcnay Art Museum Travel Tips
- There’s a snack vendor.
- Visitors may picnic on Museum grounds during the day.
- Wheelchairs are available on demand.
- Photography is not permitted in exhibitions on loan to the McNay.
- Flash photography is not permitted anywhere inside the museum. Smoking, food and beverages are not permitted inside the museum. Bags and parcels will be inspected.
- No alcohol consumption allowed on grounds.
How to Reach Mcnay Art Museum
- Buses on Austin Highway
- Cerroni’s Purple Garlic
- La Fonda Sunset Ridge
- Twin Sisters Bakery and Cafe
- Pizza Hut
- Tong’s Thau
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Antonio before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Antonio and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.66% of people who visit San Antonio include Mcnay Art Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
29.03% of people start their Mcnay Art Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Mcnay Art Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mcnay Art Museum