As the single biggest urban social stop in the whole of the United States, Balboa Park has much to offer to its guests. With amazing historical centres, wonderful enclosures, performance venues, a mixed bag of places to see and even a zoo, guests to this Historic Landmark are sure to enjoy it.
At its heart Balboa Park is the garden where weary travellers will love to unwind. Guests will see a number of beautiful trees and vibrant flowering plants in this landscaped garden. The Japanese Friendship Garden, the Botanical Building, the Cactus Garden are a part of this place and that's only the tip of the iceberg.
Balboa Park is the socio-cultural heart of the city and has several cultural centres and museum as well. At the heart of the recreation center a wide and long promenade characterizes an extent of structures built in the Spanish Colonial Revival Style. There are also around 15 galleries that you can view. You should cettainly check out San Diego Art Institute, Museum of Photographic Art and the San Diego Museum of Art, the San Diego Railroad Museum and the Natural History Museum.
- The Park grounds are open for 24 hours a day. The timings given are for the attractions. Admission prices for each of the attractions inside the park vary.
- If you buy a museum pass all the you will find it a lot more economical then buying separate tickets to each museum.
- Admission to the park is free.
- For the events, ticket price may vary.
- Visitor Center: 9:30am – 4:30pm (daily).
- Museum hours vary by institution.
- El Prado
- The Prado at Balboa Park, Albert's Restaurant, Bertrand at Mister A's
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit San Diego include Balboa Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50% of people start their Balboa Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Balboa Park
68.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Balboa Park