Belmont Park, San Diego
About Belmont Park, San Diego
Belmont Park, San Diego - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 3146 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
Ticket Price: 54 USD
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 1.3K times in trip plans
Amusement Park, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Walk down Mission Beach until you reach the Giant Dipper roller coaster. There, you've arrived at a historic amusement park from 1925. The Giant Dipper itself, made from wood and now ancient, is on the National Register of Historic Places. Other highlights of the park:
- The Plunge, an indoor swimming pool with a famous painting, Whaling Wall.
- The Liberty Carousel
- The Wave House Bar and Grill, which has two artificial waves.
- The Vertical Plunge
- Sky Ropes obstacle course
- Control Freak, a Moser Gyro Loop
- A video game Arcade
- Henna Heaven: Get a temporary tattoo.
- Laser Tag
There are several excellent restaurants at the park.
Belmont Park Information
- The park is one of the best places in the city to pick up beach wear and surf gear.
- Free parking south of the park.
Belmont Park Ticket Prices
- Unlimited Combo Pass: $54 for those 48″ and taller; $44 for those under 48″
- Unlimited One Day Ride Pass: $30 for those 48″ and taller; $20 for those under 48″
- Individual Rides: Tickets are $1 each, but each ride has a minimum ticket requirement between 3 and 6.
Belmont Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Closing hours are highly variable. Check website for upcoming closing hours. Do the same for days the rides may be closed.
- Rides are closed during weekdays on winters.
How To reach Belmont Park by Public Transport
- Bus 8 stop W Mission Bay Dr & Mission Bl.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
Belmont Park, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
Kids had a great time. I was impressed to see staff diligently wiping down/cleaning the horses/animals on the carousel before my little one got on-that's worth 5 stars in my book; I've never witnessed that at any amusement park. Kids enjoyed the rides, arcade, amusement park food and beautiful sunset at the beach there.
This beach isn't a favorite among the locals, always covered with tourists. On the other hand, I enjoy the fact that we practically have our own Santa Monica pier. Only, it's not nearly as ghetto at all. It's a must for your visit to San Diego. The BEST part about this place is they sell dole whip! (Like disneyland)
Great family place for classic fun. Good for little kids. If you're mainly going for the roller coaster, the wristband may not be the best choice. Each ride has different prices (coaster is $6, others $4 and down). Staff is very friendly and even may offer extra ride on the house. Happened to us at the coaster, laser maze and wall climbing. Also, wasn't sure whether to get the wristband or not. Girl would let us try the ride first (purchasing tickets only) and come back if we decided to get the wristband anyways, just paying the difference. Free parking
A mid-sized amusement park that does the job. Convenient for those visiting San Diego and looking for fun activities while in town. There are no admission fees to the park but rides do cost money. There’s free, on-premises parking but the spots for the disabled are several meters from the park entrance. An Accessibility Guide for guests with a disability is available on the park website.
Okay place for little kids. The rides made the adults sick but the little one loved the. Typical fare for food. We had fun but I think it's better suited for 8-10 and up in age.
- Nearby Attractions
- Balboa Park Miniature Railroad
- La Casa De Estudillo
- Our Lady Of The Rosary Church
- Spanish Landing Park East
- Torrey Pines Golf Course
- Hotel Del Coronado
- Mt. Soledad Cross
- Disneyland Park
- Reuben H Fleet Science Center
- Heritage Park Victorian Village
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego