Walk down Mission Beach until you reach the Giant Dipper roller coaster. There, you've arrived at a historic amusement park from 1925. The Giant Dipper itself, made from wood and now ancient, is on the National Register of Historic Places. Other highlights of the park:
- The Plunge, an indoor swimming pool with a famous painting, Whaling Wall.
- The Liberty Carousel
- The Wave House Bar and Grill, which has two artificial waves.
- The Vertical Plunge
- Sky Ropes obstacle course
- Control Freak, a Moser Gyro Loop
- A video game Arcade
- Henna Heaven: Get a temporary tattoo.
- Laser Tag
There are several excellent restaurants at the park.
- The park is one of the best places in the city to pick up beach wear and surf gear.
- Free parking south of the park.
- Unlimited Combo Pass: $54 for those 48″ and taller; $44 for those under 48″
- Unlimited One Day Ride Pass: $30 for those 48″ and taller; $20 for those under 48″
- Individual Rides: Tickets are $1 each, but each ride has a minimum ticket requirement between 3 and 6.
- Closing hours are highly variable. Check website for upcoming closing hours. Do the same for days the rides may be closed.
- Rides are closed during weekdays on winters.
- Bus 8 stop W Mission Bay Dr & Mission Bl.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.02% of people who visit San Diego include Belmont Park in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
54.55% of people start their Belmont Park visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Belmont Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Belmont Park
Overall, a cute amusement park. We had a San Diego Go Card, which was easy to use on the rides. If we didn't have that, I'm not sure the cost of rides would have been worth it. At least 3 were closed and couldn't be ridden. My little one is under 42 inches so some of the rides were inaccessible to her anyways, just a note if you are bringing smaller kids. Had excellent ice cream from the hard ice cream place with a giant chocolate dipped waffle cone so that was a win in her book. Overall, it was a cute afternoon visit for us.
I love this place. We've had our son's birthday party her multiple times. We come here on occasion for laser tag and amusement park rides. It's a fantastic place to have fun. Especially when you do the birthday party package.
So much fun.. Best thing to do is get all day combo pass. And pack picnic for cheaper family of 3 or more outing. Kids had a blast and ordered uber eats. Opens 11 to 🔟 pm.. I 💡. Best parking is earlier the better.
Have been here when it's a sunny packed summer day and when it's a cold rainy winter day and both times were great but the crowds will make a difference for your experience. Wintertime not as much happening and no people watching if it's raining. Food at Draft was really good both times and service great whether busy or slow. Went to the gift shop Wings and you can't go wrong for souvenirs and California, San Diego, and beach items and clothing and just fun stuff! The amusement park is old fashioned fun but very small but great for a beach day with a few rides. Go early early morning in summer for parking.
This place is such a great place for fun and excitement for everyone! I have been going here for my whole life... Over 30 years... Bringing friends and family from all over the world. Everyone always has such a great time here.