Bernardo Winery, San Diego
About Bernardo Winery, San Diego
Bernardo Winery, San Diego - Address, Phone Number
Address: 13330 Paseo Del Verano Norte, San Diego, CA 92128
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 549 times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Not content to serve ridiculously good handcrafted wines, this Winery decided to do organize ridiculously romantic weddings as well. The Rizzo family Has been in the line making business for three generations now, starting in 1899. The winery is located a little way out of San Diego, and B indoor and outdoor decoration is such that the entire place has a very rustic charm. The Tasting Room itself is a dimly lit romantic area. But the winery isn't all you get.
Check out the Cafe Merlot in the centre of the courtyard. Outside the winery is a small village filled with the cutest shops such as:
- Bernardo Winery's Sweet Shoppe: Confections
- Botanicals by the Sea: natural ingredient soaps
- Clay Artists at the Vineyard
- Cotton Cottage Boutique - adorable women's wear
- Cozy Posies Flowers & Gifts - flowers
- Gently Hugged - clothes and blankets for babies in need
- Icarus Studio & Gallery - art by locals
- Jewel & Vine Fine Jewelry - gifts and repair
- Rancho Bernardo Historical Society - local history
- The Vine Theater - black box style theatre at the winery
Public events are held in the area throughout the year, including Friday Artwalks, October Arts and Crafts Fair, and the Friday Farmer's Market.
All things considered, you could spend an entire day in the area without wanting to leave.
Bernardo Winery Information
- No pets allowed, aside from service animals.
Bernardo Winery Ticket Prices
- Individual establishments may have their own prices.
Bernardo Winery Opening and Closing Hours
- Tuesday – Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Friday – Sunday 8:30am -5pm
V’s Coffee Shoppe:
- Monday -Thursday 8am to 4pm
- Friday-Sunday 8am-6pm
Friday Farmers Market: 9am to 1pm
How To reach Bernardo Winery by Public Transport
- Bus 945A stop Espola Rd & Avenida Florencia.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bernardo Winery, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
This place was really cool, had an amazing Cabernet that was very bold, oaked, and spicy. Then have a dessert Riesling unlike anything I've ever tasted before. Only gets 4 stars because all their wines are a big expensive.
Looked like a cool place to go. My family went to take photos with Santa unfortunately they closed the Santa pictures right as we got there. We then had no reason to stay in the lines to have a drink. We may try to go again another time for a different event.
Beautiful winery with average wine. Fun events hosted there regularly. Friendly staff.
Great atmosphere, even better wine! Fun shops and family friendly. Live music on Sundays. A true treasure of Rancho Bernardo.
Wonderful place! Beautiful scenery and the staff is awesome! Linda in the tasting room was super friendly and helpful. You also get to sample a piece of chocolate with each glass in the sweet shop. The atmosphere in general brings on nothing but good vibes! Definitely worth the visit!
- Nearby Attractions
- Comfort Inn & Suites San Diego - Zoo Seaworld Area
- Enterprise Rent-a-car
- Old Town Inn
- Cleveland National Forest
- Dog Beach
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego