Botanical Building, San Diego
About Botanical Building, San Diego
Botanical Building, San Diego - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 10.2K times in trip plans
Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built for the 1915–16 Panama-California Exposition, this Botanical garden is notable for a handful of striking features. These include:
- Stand in front of the Lily Pond with the building in background. Take a picture. This is the most popular snapshot in the park.
- Go inside the building and look up. What you are seeing is the largest lath structure in the world.
- Check out the floral treasures. There are over 1200 plants here, shrubs and trees and seasonal flowers from all around the world. The exhibits are all Touch and Smell, and beautifully explained.
How To reach Botanical Building by Public Transport
- Bus 3, 120 stop 5th Av & Laurel St.
- Bus 7 stop Park Bl & Village Pl.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
Botanical Building, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
A serene Botanical garden inside Balboa Park. You can walk through the garden and enjoy some amazing varieties of plants, herbs and flowers. Very informative and very cool. They always have fantastic collection of orchids round the year to enjoy. There are some nice seating arrangements outside the garden by the koi pond. A must visit if you like plants and love gardening.
Nice, quiet place full of a variety of plants. The variety of orchids is lovely. It took me less than 30 min to walk around; I was expecting a more extensive garden. But it was free and delightful just the same. A good place to take a break if you have been strolling through the park and museums all day.
Small & detailed garden of many plant varieties. The arboretum you go inside is a very pretty structure. Takes only about 30 mins and is free to walk through.
Check whether the building is open before you come if you come to Balboa park for the Botanical building. I'm definitely not a plant type of person, but this place did whoa me!!!! One more thing, even outside was super hot, inside of the building was chill!!
Free spot to enjoy some flowers and other plants for a few minutes while walking around Balboa Park.
- Nearby Attractions
- Mission Blvd
- Scenic Place
- Broadway Cir
- 9048 Meadowrun Pl
- La Jolla Village Dr
- 15250 Avenue Of Science
- Bite San Diego
- Trilogy Sanctuary
- 8470 Santa Monica Blvd
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego