Botanical Building1437 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6192390512
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Built for the 1915–16 Panama-California Exposition, this Botanical garden is notable for a handful of striking features. These include:
- Stand in front of the Lily Pond with the building in background. Take a picture. This is the most popular snapshot in the park.
- Go inside the building and look up. What you are seeing is the largest lath structure in the world.
- Check out the floral treasures. There are over 1200 plants here, shrubs and trees and seasonal flowers from all around the world. The exhibits are all Touch and Smell, and beautifully explained.
How to Reach Botanical Building
- Bus 3, 120 stop 5th Av & Laurel St.
- Bus 7 stop Park Bl & Village Pl.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.95% of people who visit San Diego include Botanical Building in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
63.18% of people start their Botanical Building visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Botanical Building
77.17% of people prefer walking in order to reach Botanical Building
So beautiful in here! There is plenty of walking space, but can get a little crowded. The space isn’t that big inside and we were able to walk through the whole thing in 10 minutes. It was quite cool inside temperate wise and this garden is free entrance. There are many interesting plants in here and would definitely recommend a walk through if you’re at the park.
Beautiful plants of many variety. They had pumpkins displayed for the fall season. Most plants, you cannot touch, but they have a section of plants that you can touch to smell. Free admission, but it is only open on certain days and hours. Nice for a quick walk around and some nice pictures.
I’ve never seen this place. It was very peaceful and serene even though it was full of people. I just wish I would’ve been able to take pics for you guys...
I had a great time there. I love admiring all the flowers and plants . It is a very relaxing place. I also like that this place is free. I will definitely come back.
A great place for plant lovers, I enjoyed seeing the unusual plants growing in the building. There was also an interactive planting area, where visitors could touch and smell a wonderful grouping of aromatic plants.