Coronado Island, San Diego
About Coronado Island, San Diego
Coronado Island, San Diego - Address, Phone Number
Address: Coronado, California
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Added 17.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Beach, Island, Garden, Family And Kids, Fountain
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This island resort town is packing a lot. Here's a quick overview of its highlights:
- Coronado Ferry Landing: this shopping village is a delight of dining and boutiques (jewellery, apparel, gifts) and even outdoor activities like kayaking, biking and cruises.
- There are several beaches-Coronado Municipal Beach, Silver Strand State Beach, Coronado Dog Beach, and the Coronado Ferry Landing beach.
- Coronado Visitor Center: will give you a quick and comprehensive overview of what to expect at the island.
- Lamb's Players Theatre-an intimate theatre inside a beautiful historic building.
- Spreckels Park-a prettily manicured park with free concerts under the central gazebo.
- Coronado Public Library-well stocked library with a rose garden outside.
- Glorietta Bay Park-lovely park with a beach, fountain and views of San Diego.
- Coronado Tidelands Park-locals play volleyball or football here.
- Dan McGeorge Gallery-charming photography gallery.
- Vietnam Unit Memorial Monument-flagged memorial wall honoring Navy and Coast Guard personnel.
Coronado Island Information
- Hotel Del Coronado is in this place.
- If ferries are not your thing try the Trolley Car to take the tour of the island.
- Be decently dressed while visiting the church.
- Seek permission before taking photograph.
- Make sure your visit doesn’t disturb other worshippers.
Coronado Island Ticket Prices
- For regular school tours: 20 USD per class of 32 students.
- Professional Tour Companies: 40USD of 32 students (student tours); 2USD per person (adult tours).
Coronado Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Coronado Ferry Landing: 10:00am - 9:00pm, with variable restaurant hours.
How To reach Coronado Island by Public Transport
- Take the Coronado Ferry from the Broadway Pier or the Convention Centre to the Coronado Ferry Landing.
- Buses 901 and 904 stop Orange Av & 5th St. (901 goes to the mainland, 904 stays on the island)
Restaurants Near Coronado Island
- Tent City, Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge, Costa Azul
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
Coronado Island, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Bernardo Winery
- Embarcadero Marina Park
- Black's Beach
- Spanish Village Art Center
- Scripps Park
- Spreckels Organ Pavilion
- Green Flash Brewing Company
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- Liberty Public Market
- Museum Of Contemporary Art San Diego
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego