Events and Festivals in San Diego
- Martin Luther King Day Parade and Festival (January): Also known as the "The Plymouth of the West", the festival is one of the largest celebrations honouring Martin Luther King. The Festival exhibits marching bands, dancers, food, exhibits and entertainment.
- San Diego Whale Festival (January): As one of the main events in San Diego, the whale festival attracts an amazing 5,000 visitors each year. The festival boasts educational activities, special exhibits, tips about whales, daily whale-watching cruises with naturalists, special events for children such as, free face painting, a kid’s art mural colouring project, a festival train ride and attractions like live sea creatures.
- San Diego Chinese New Year Food and Cultural Fair (February): The vibrant cultural fair attracts about 25,000 visitors each year and offers lion and dragon dances, continuous live stage performances, martial arts demonstrations, acrobat displays, traditional Chinese music performances, folk dances along with food and commercial booths.
- St Patrick’s Day Parade and Irish Festival (March): The festival has been a popular attraction for more than three decades and is one of the major events of San Diego attracting thousands of visitors each year. The event features more than 120 parades showcasing everything from marching bands, floats, clowns, equestrian entries, bagpipe contingents, dancing groups, drill teams, roller skaters, and antique cars.
- Comic-Con International (July): The Comic-Con International is one of the largest comic book and popular arts convention in the world. The event attracts thousands of artists, celebrities and fans of comic books. It also showcases science fiction/fantasy and film/television, comic books, web comics, toys, video games, collectible card games and fantasy novels.
- San Diego Jazz Fest (November): Also known as the “crown jewel of jazz festivals”, the San Diego Jazz Festival is one of the world’s premier Jazz festivals. The festival attracts over 6,000 jazz enthusiasts from all over the world and features more than 25 bands in seven venues over five days. The event offers a wide variety of traditional jazz, blues, swing and jump music.
Trip plans for San Diego
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of San Diego
San Diego Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of San Diego
Open Cockpit Biplane Sightseeing Ride in San Diego61 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs
Take a thrilling ride over San Diego in a classic 1920s open cockpit biplane. Choose from a variety of itineraries covering t...Book Now
Save 7%San Diego Whale Watching Cruise and Maritime Museum Entry12 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs 30 Mins
Jump on board the world-famous America sailing schooner for a once-in-a-lifetime whale watching experience. The only whale-wa...
Save 7%San Diego Harbor Speed Boat Adventure41 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs
Experience the thrill of driving your own speed boat on a guided and narrated tour around San Diego's Harbor. Youll navigate ...
Save 17%San Diego Harbor Cruise105 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs
Take a 1- or 2-hour relaxing harbor cruise through the bay of San Diego, featuring unforgettable views of San Diego's skyline...
- Events & Festivals in Carlsbad
- Events & Festivals in Temecula
- Events & Festivals in Laguna Niguel
- Events & Festivals in Palm Desert
- Events & Festivals in Palm Springs
- Events & Festivals in Anaheim
- Events & Festivals in Long Beach
- Events & Festivals in Joshua Tree National Park
- Events & Festivals in Los Angeles
- Events & Festivals in Miami
- Events & Festivals in New York City
- Events & Festivals in Chicago
- Events & Festivals in Las Vegas
- Events & Festivals in San Francisco
- Events & Festivals in Seattle