Events and Festivals in San Diego
- Martin Luther King Day Parade and Festival (January): Also known as the "The Plymouth of the West", the festival is one of the largest celebrations honouring Martin Luther King. The Festival exhibits marching bands, dancers, food, exhibits and entertainment.
- San Diego Whale Festival (January): As one of the main events in San Diego, the whale festival attracts an amazing 5,000 visitors each year. The festival boasts educational activities, special exhibits, tips about whales, daily whale-watching cruises with naturalists, special events for children such as, free face painting, a kid’s art mural colouring project, a festival train ride and attractions like live sea creatures.
- San Diego Chinese New Year Food and Cultural Fair (February): The vibrant cultural fair attracts about 25,000 visitors each year and offers lion and dragon dances, continuous live stage performances, martial arts demonstrations, acrobat displays, traditional Chinese music performances, folk dances along with food and commercial booths.
- St Patrick’s Day Parade and Irish Festival (March): The festival has been a popular attraction for more than three decades and is one of the major events of San Diego attracting thousands of visitors each year. The event features more than 120 parades showcasing everything from marching bands, floats, clowns, equestrian entries, bagpipe contingents, dancing groups, drill teams, roller skaters, and antique cars.
- Comic-Con International (July): The Comic-Con International is one of the largest comic book and popular arts convention in the world. The event attracts thousands of artists, celebrities and fans of comic books. It also showcases science fiction/fantasy and film/television, comic books, web comics, toys, video games, collectible card games and fantasy novels.
- San Diego Jazz Fest (November): Also known as the “crown jewel of jazz festivals”, the San Diego Jazz Festival is one of the world’s premier Jazz festivals. The festival attracts over 6,000 jazz enthusiasts from all over the world and features more than 25 bands in seven venues over five days. The event offers a wide variety of traditional jazz, blues, swing and jump music.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of San Diego
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of San Diego
Save 1%Open Cockpit Biplane Sightseeing Ride in San Diego64 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs
Take a thrilling ride over San diego in a classic 1920s open cockpit biplane. Choose from a variety of itineraries covering t...
Save 9%Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum401 Reviews
Experience life at sea without leaving port by visiting the USS Midway Museum, San Diego's number 1 rated visitor attraction....
Save 7%Viator Exclusive: San Diego Luxury Dinner Cruise with Window Seating and Champagne56 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Soak up the San Diego skyline in luxury and style on this relaxing dinner cruise, a Viator Exclusive that cant be booked anyw...
Save 7%San Diego City Tour163 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
See the best of San Diego on this morning or afternoon highlights tour that includes the historic Gaslamp Quarter, museum-pac...