How to reach San Diego
How to reach San Diego
- By Air: San Diego is served by the San Diego International Airport and is remarkably close to the downtown. From the airport, numerous options like taxis, busses, self-drive cars are available to get to the downtown.
- By Train: The primary railway lines in San Diego are Amtrak, which operates from the historic Santa Fe Depot which is within a walking distance of downtown hotels and situated near San Diego Bay. The other rail service in San Diego is the COASTER which is a local commuter train.
- By Car: San Diego is easily accessible by car using any one of the three major interstate roadways, the 5, 8, and 15 Freeways.
- By Bus: Unfortunately, there is no central bus terminal in San Diego. Different companies operate in the city, with each having a different station all over the city. The major bus operators include Hoang Express, InterCalifornias, LuxBus, Mexicoach, Greyhound, and the Crucero USA.
- By Car: San Diego is a sprawling metropolis and the most efficient way to get around the city is by car. All the major rental car companies operate at the San Diego Airport
- By Bus: Bus service in a large portion of the county is operated by the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS). The frequency of busses is 15 to 30 minutes and they run between downtown San Diego and a number of tourist-oriented destinations.
- Trolley: The San Diego Trolley is a light rail system operated by the MTS. The rail serves mostly tourists and residents located in the southern and eastern side of the city. The rail runs south till downtown with one way fares ranging from $1.25 to $3 depending upon the distance you covered. The tuckets can be purchased from the vending machines at the stations. Day passes to the trolleys are also available.
- By Bike: Bikes are extremely popular in San Diego and the city is ideal for bike riding and exploration. A bicycle is easily available on rent along with bicycle maps indicating the main attractions and the routes to those attractions.
Modes of Transportation in San Diego
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in San Diego. The most preferred mode of transport in San Diego is Car.
Average distance: 25.75 km Average time: 39.56 min
Car 80%Driving 30.52 min Walking 0.23 min Overall average time for 25.51 kms 30.75 min
Bus/Trolleybus 3.33%Bus 72.5 min Waiting 37.5 min Walking 12.5 min Overall average time for 40.23 kms 122.5 min
Walking 5%Walking 80 min Driving 28.33 min Overall average time for 12.34 kms 108.33 min
Train/Metro 1.67%Train 90 min Overall average time for 48.28 kms 90 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Tampa
- How To Reach Boulder
- How To Reach Kailua-kona
- How To Reach Louisville
- How To Reach Charleston
- How To Reach Jersey City
- How To Reach Syracuse
- How To Reach Houston
- How To Reach Estes Park
- How To Reach Pigeon Forge
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.