La Jolla Cove, San Diego
About La Jolla Cove, San Diego
La Jolla Cove, San Diego - Address, Phone Number
Address: Coast Blvd, San Diego, CA 92037, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 22.8K times in trip plans
Beach, Family And Kids, Water Sport
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Almost every major city has at least one attraction fit to make every tourist jealous, wishing they had something similar at home. This is San Diego's, a jewel of a beach with waters so clear sometimes you can see as much as thirty feet down. Colorful fish swim about garibaldi, yellowtail, and rays, even the occasional leopard shark. It's the most popular spot in the city for snorkelling. A handful of amenities have been provided to the crowd such as bathrooms and showers. Lifeguards watch over swimmers from morning to dusk. The beach portion is rather small, especially at high tide.
La Jolla Cove Information
- Activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking and swimming.
- Floatation devices like surfboards and boogie boards are not allowed in the water here.
- Some paid parking available.
- Not allowed: alcohol, glass containers, smoking, camping.
- Dogs are not allowed after 9:00am but are permitted only in the evening (after 4pm in the winter, 6pm in summer)
- No collection of marine animals allowed, not even seashells.
- Public restrooms and showers are available.
- Fishing or taking objects from the cove is strictly prohibited.
La Jolla Cove Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach La Jolla Cove by Public Transport
- Bus 30 stop Torrey Pines Rd & Prospect St
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
La Jolla Cove, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
Love this place. Came here for the first time ever this weekend as a little birthday get a away. Views are beautiful and cute seals chilling at the rocks!
Beautiful beach and cove, with tide pools, beautiful sea life, and sea shells. The views are gorgeous and there are lots of great spots to sit, relax and watch the tide come in. Very relaxing, natural atmosphere. Also, If you are a yogi or do meditation, this is a great place to do it. This is my go to beach whenever I come to San Diego.
The views are nice. Very calming scenery. Clean area. It's good for picnic area, exercising, jogging, strolling while watching the open view of the beach. I'm sure kids will love this place seeing all those sealions. It gets crowded after 9am. Hard to find parking lot though. Today, I just went to get a piece of my mind. Very peaceful.
If you Love seals, this is a place to go. They are everywhere and they are very sweet. You can also swim and snorkel with them. Life time experience. And it is wild nature so you don't have to pay for it :)
Awesome to see seals and sea lions up close. Do give it a try to differentiate them! Smells fishy.
- Nearby Attractions
- Galaxy Taco
- Oceana Coastal Kitchen
- La Jolla Kayak
- Ny Pizzeria
- The Cottage La Jolla
- Mariscos El Pulpo Barrio Logan
- San Diego Pier Cafe
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego