Little ItalyCurrently Open
- Address: County Center/Little Italy Stn, San Diego, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Food And Drinks, Neighborhoods
This hilly neighborhood has evolved from a Genovese and Sicilian fishing neighborhood to one of the more eventful areas in the city. It is a very walkable area, filled with cute places to hangout, various plaza and terrific eateries of many cuisines. You will also find some great craft beer.
On your stroll, here are some of the areas you should check out:
- Amici Park: A cute park with ball courts and an amphitheatre.
- Our Lady of the Rosary: An adorable 1925 church.
- Little Italy Mercato: A local farmer's market.
- Firehouse Museum: Explores the art of firefighting going back more than a century.
- Convivio Center & Little Italy Heritage Museum.
- Queenstown Public House
- Gaglio's Grab & Go Subs
- Kettner Art & Design District: Lots of little art galleries and boutiques.
Various events take place in Little Italy throughout the year. These include the Carnevale, the April ArtWalk, the Sicilian Festival in May, the Labor Day Stickball Tournament in September and the Little Italy Christmas Village.
Little Italy Hours
- Little Italy Mercato: 9:00 am - 1:30 pm, Saturdays.
How to Reach Little Italy
- GREEN LINE stop County Center/Little Italy Stn
- Bus 83 stop India St & Cedar St
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.98% of people who visit San Diego include Little Italy in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
56.88% of people start their Little Italy visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Little Italy
94.05% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Little Italy
Little Italy Reviews & Ratings
Unfortunately this place doesn’t look like Italy but it does have many Italian restaurants, some good and some not. I ate at a not very good one and got food poisoning, always check yelp for restaurant reviews before eating their. Lines at restaurants here are very long and you might have to wait a few hours before getting a table.