Mcrd Museum Historical Society36 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 1600 Hochmuth Ave, San Diego, CA 92140, United States
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6195244426
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, History Museums, Architecture , Exhibition
Focusing on the history of the Marine Corp in the 20th and 21st centuries the museum has several related galleries and exhibits, covering conflicts such as Desert Storm and Vietnam War. The building's architecture is Spanish Colonial Revival. It was built in 1921. The museum was opened in 1987 and has since gradually expanded its collections of historical artefacts. Check out the gift shop.
Mcrd Museum Historical Society Travel Tips
- The museum is located on a military base. Driving directions change depending on the day of the week. Check the museum website for detailed driving directions.
- If visiting on weekdays, and you don't have a military ID, register at the Pass & ID Center (Building 680) on Washington Street.
Mcrd Museum Historical Society Hours
- Closed on Sundays and Most holidays.
How to Reach Mcrd Museum Historical Society
- By Buses 10, 30 150 stop Pacific Hwy & 4137.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.42% of people who visit San Diego include Mcrd Museum Historical Society in their plan
80% of people start their Mcrd Museum Historical Society visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mcrd Museum Historical Society
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mcrd Museum Historical Society
Mcrd Museum Historical Society Reviews & Ratings
My son graduated bootcamp here. Though strict, very beautiful and well kept
Fantastic place to experience military history. And remember the past.
Very nice tour of the MCRD Museum. The curators and volunteers have done a wonderful job. Admission is FREE.
Free and very nice facility. You will need to check in for a background check and vehicle pass at the visitors center first. All no charge.
if your a Marine young or old you will love this place