Old Point Loma Lighthouse And Cabrillo National Monument4091 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Cabrillo National Monument, 1800 Cabrillo Memorial Dr, San Diego, CA 92106, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6195575450
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, Landmark, Walking Area, Monument
The site commemorates the landing of Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, the first European on the West Coast of the USA, at San Diego Bay on September 28, 1542. The views at the monument are incredible-the San Diego skyline, Mexico's Coronado Islands, the Naval Air Station North Island, and the Pacific Ocean. In January and February you can spot whales and dolphins in the water from Whale Overlook. The park is also a popular birding spot.
Many events-Whale Watch Weekend, Founder’s Day, Cabrillo Festival Open House - are held at the monument throughout the year. Walking around will reveal many historical military installations used in the defense of San Diego. You can also visit the tidepools. The lighthouse, the park's highest point, was built in 1855 and is now used as a museum exploring the lives of the family that that maintained the lighthouse. Twice a year, on August 25 and November 15, the lighthouse is opened to the public. Check out the visitor centre for souvenirs and a detailed history of the park. There are guided tours, movies, and an Age of Exploration exhibit.
Old Point Loma Lighthouse And Cabrillo National Monument Travel Tips
- Partially wheelchair accessible.
- Check attraction website for complete calendar of events.
- Entrance passes are valid for 7 days.
- Smoking not allowed.
- No cell phone service down by the tidepools.
Entrance Ticket Details For Old Point Loma Lighthouse And Cabrillo National Monument
- Given ticket price is for passenger vehicle.
- Motorcyclist: 7 USD per vehicle
- Walk-ins, bicyclists: 5 USD per person
Old Point Loma Lighthouse And Cabrillo National Monument Hours
- Last entry at 4:20pm.
- Tidepools close at 4:00pm.
- Bayside Trail closes at 4:00pm.
How to Reach Old Point Loma Lighthouse And Cabrillo National Monument
- Bus 84 stop Cabrillo National Monument.
- Drive or Cycle to here.
- Subway, Kona Kai Restaurant, Fathom Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
46.82% of people who visit San Diego include Old Point Loma Lighthouse And Cabrillo National Monument in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
51.46% of people start their Old Point Loma Lighthouse And Cabrillo National Monument visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Old Point Loma Lighthouse And Cabrillo National Monument
92.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old Point Loma Lighthouse And Cabrillo National Monument