Pacific Beach, San Diego
About Pacific Beach, San Diego
Pacific Beach, San Diego - Address
Address: Pacific Beach San Diego, CA
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.9K times in trip plans
Beach, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This guide is meant to serve as a neighborhood guide. Individual attractions in the Old Town may be covered in other attraction listings on TripHobo.
This neighborhood, though still comparatively young among other places in San Diego, is slowly becoming affluent. Right now it's one of the best places to party in the city, with a plethora of bars, eateries, and boutiques. There is a thriving craft beer scene. The streets are named after precious stones - Agate, Turquoise, Sapphire, Opal, Beryl, Diamond, Emerald, and Garnet - to name a few.
- The Pacific Beach itself runs for about 3.2 miles and is a great place to jog and cycle. Rollerbladers love it here too. Other beaches nearby include the North Pacific Beach and the Mission Beach.
- Rose Creek created a rich wetland preserve.
- Tourmaline Surfing Park - end point of the La Jolla headlands, north end of the beach popular with surfers.
- Garnet Avenue: packed with adorable boutiques and souvenir shops where you can do your shopping.
- Farmer's Market lets you taste variety of smoothie samples.
- Crystal Pier-nice fishing pier with great views of the city.
- Water sports like kayaking, sailing and paddle boarding are also available.
The community here very inclusive, with a high LGBT presence.
Pacific Beach Information
- Carry hat and apply sunscreen lotion to protect your skin.
- Public restrooms and showers are available at the lifeguard station.
- Arrive early if you need proper space to park your car.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the beach and boardwalk.
Pacific Beach Opening and Closing Hours
- Farmer’s market at Garnet Avenue: 2:00pm to 6:30pm (only on Tuesday)
How To reach Pacific Beach by Public Transport
- Bus 27 stop Garnet Av & Lamont St
- Bus 30 stop Grand Av & Lamont St
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pacific Beach, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- San Diego Air And Space Museum
- Children's Pool Beach
- Harbor Island
- Shelter Island
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve
- Old Towns Fashion Valley Shopping Center
- Ocean Beach
- Mission Basilica San Diego De Alcala
- University Of California
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego