San Diego Air And Space Museum, San Diego
About San Diego Air And Space Museum, San Diego
San Diego Air And Space Museum, San Diego - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 2001 Pan American Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101
Ticket Price: 20 USD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
War Memorial, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located inside the historic Ford building, this is one of the largest Aviation museums in the country. The Collection includes historic and reproductions versions of aircraft and spacecraft. If you are a history buff, space buff, or just even mildy be interested in the history of exploration this museum is going to blow your mind. Most of the collection is divided into galleries. These include:
- World War II Gallery
- World War I Gallery
- Theodore Gildred Rotunda - check out the Apollo 9 Command Module
- Modern Jet & Space Age Gallery
- Golden Age of Flight Gallery
- Edwin D. McKellar Pavilion of Flight
There are four immerseive interactive exhibits: Max Flight Interactive Ride, the Doron Transport 6 Simulator, the Interactive Jet Flight Simulator and the 3D/4D Zable Theater. The Library & Archives have over 2 million related images. There is a very valuable collection of rare videos, over 5000 of them. Geek out over artefacts from the lives of Wright Brothers, Charles Lindbergh, Amelia Earhart, and Neil Armstrong.
San Diego Air And Space Museum Information
- Guided tours are available.
- Check out the Flight Path Grill restaurant.
- Check of the Museum's FAQ page for an extensive list of rules.
San Diego Air And Space Museum Ticket Prices
- Senior/Student/Retired Military: $16.50
- Youth (3-11 years): $10.50
- Children 2 and Under; Active Duty Military: Free
- Max Flight Simulator: $8 per person
How To reach San Diego Air And Space Museum by Public Transport
- Bus 10 stop Park Bl & Presidents Way.
- By Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
San Diego Air And Space Museum, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
Amazing and astounding. They've packed in so much amazing history in here its unbelievable. Loved every minute of it and almost wished I had a full day here. It's in balboa park so make sure to try all the other museums around here.
It is a nice place for children and families plus it is free for us military members. They have the. Simulator for flying and astronomy to moon and. Mars witch is extra 6$ well worth it
I like this place. Especially the timeline of aviation. It goes from the beginning of flight to space flight. It's a beautiful museum. The water fountain outside is very relaxing. The kids play area is great too, but it is dated and needs refurbishing. And I feel they can update the space flight section as well. But all in all highly recommend.
Great place to visit. Wonderful option for history buffs and some unique displays on women and African American contributions. If you are not sure if you want to go, consider a visit during the Smithsonian Museum Day (free ticket) to check it out, but it is an important museum for the San Diego community. One of the connected stops on the free park shuttle.
Jerry is my new favorite person, he pointed out some of his favorite pieces and gave some history about them that you wouldn't find on the signs. I went stag, so it was lovely being able to go back and ask any questions I had.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hodad's Downtown Sd
- Travelodge San Diego Mission Valley/hotel Circle
- Hillcrest Brewing Company
- Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center
- Artisan Bento
- Avenida De La Playa
- North Island Navy Exchange
- Park At The Park
- Waypoint Public
- 543 Hotel Cir S
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego