San Diego Civic Theatre, San Diego
About San Diego Civic Theatre, San Diego
San Diego Civic Theatre, San Diego - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1100 3rd Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 220 times in trip plans
Performance, Stage Show, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This 2,967 seater theatre is home to the San Diego Opera, La Jolla Music Society, and California Ballet. The theatre is also the venue for performances by classic and hit touring Broadway shows. Occasionally it is used as a concert venue. The infrastructure - stage technicals and sound - is state of the art. Performances are lavish and very professional. The theatre is owned by the city and managed by the San Diego Theatres. The theatre's location in a bustling district means there are many pre or post show dining options.
San Diego Civic Theatre Information
- Visit the San Diego Theatres website for upcoming shows and ticket information.
San Diego Civic Theatre Opening and Closing Hours
- Ticket office is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Timings given here are for ticket office only. Actual show timings are different.
How To reach San Diego Civic Theatre by Public Transport
- Orange Line and Blue Line stop Civic Center Station.
- By Buses 280, 290, 923 and 992 stop Broadway & 2nd Av.
- By Buses 2, 7, 11, 30, 50, 110, 150, 901 stop Front St & B St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
San Diego Civic Theatre, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
Growing up in San Diego this area has been better. Should bring back the coffee stands and also have a light food carts. The grill has closed. Was very busy here before. The city could flip for a new floor system. But it's shown the mayor couldn't or wouldn't keep the Chargers so why improve an important area that holds our city's seal upon the entrance.
Feels like a hidden venue in downtown but overall an alright theatre capable of holding 3k patrons. Looks a little old but still a good place to enjoy an event
Just saw the Avett Bros concert here last week, it had been a long time since I saw a concert at the Civic Center and what a really cool venue it is. Plenty of room between the seats in front of you for walking and for standing room (as everyone stood the entire concert naturally). We were down on the floor near the stage and was terrific, the floor is sloped so that even standing it is easy to see over those standing in front of you. And lots of exits when its over, very easy to exit the building as well.
Easy access by the San Diego trolley. Walking distance to great restaurants and bars in the Gaslamp district. Great place to see live shows.
A very classy lovely clean theatre with a wonderful acoustic and sound quality. Opera is translated on overhead marquee for those like myself who need it! Beautiful chandelier lights the foyer and upper levels which can be seen from their tables. Bathrooms on each level with plenty of stalls. Parking was hard to find and is pricey in the area. I expected ten dollars and ended up with twenty due to parking in a lot not by the theater. Unexpected construction caused that. We enjoyed the opera and the Theatre and will be back.
- Nearby Attractions
- Homewood Suites San Diego Airport-liberty Station
- Camarillo Outlets Food Court
- La Valencia Hotel
- Julian Mining Company
- Holiday Inn San Diego - Bayside
- San Diego
- Little Italy Mercato Farmers' Market
- San Diego Whale Watch
- Casa Artelexia
- Springhill Suites San Diego Downtown/bayfront
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego