San Diego Natural History Museum50 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Balboa Park, 1788 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6192323821
- Ticket Price: 19 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Natural History Museums
Founded in 1874, this museum is the oldest scientific institution in California. The museum focuses on the natural heritage of southern California. Most of the excitement surrounding it is generated by travelling special exhibitions, but the permanent exhibitions aren't bad. For example, see the Allosaurus skeleton. The catch the Fossil Mysteries interactive exhibition that explores evolution, extinction, and ecology. Coast to Cactus in Southern California focuses on San Diego itself. Kids especially love Skulls, a collection of 200 animal skulls from around the world. Finally, see what's playing on the giant Dolby digital 3D theater.
San Diego Natural History Museum Travel Tips
- Disabled accessible.
- Check out the museum store and the dinosaur cafe.
Entrance Ticket Details For San Diego Natural History Museum
- Senior (62+) Student, Military (with ID): $17
- Youth (3–17) $12
- Free for under 2, and the disabled.
San Diego Natural History Museum Hours
- Summer (May - September approx) Fridays: Closes at 8pm.
How to Reach San Diego Natural History Museum
- Bus 3, 120 stop 5th Av & Laurel St.
- Bus 7 stop Park Bl & Village Pl.
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.57% of people who visit San Diego include San Diego Natural History Museum in their plan
53.85% of people start their San Diego Natural History Museum visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see San Diego Natural History Museum
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Diego Natural History Museum