San Diego Zoo8622 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2920 Zoo Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA, 92101, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6192311515
- Fax: +1-6192310249
- Ticket Price: 50 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
It is one the most popular attractions for tourists in San Diego County. It hosts a vast variety of wild creatures. Species from the main lands of Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America, and Australia have all been brought under the roof here. Within the immense walled areas, the animals roam quite freely. They house such creatures as pronghorns, giraffes, wild ox, cranes, and rhinos. Be sure to check out the Frozen zoo.
The zoo is noted for its California condor rearing system, which is the best program of this sort in the United States. It houses over 4000 creatures of 300 odd species, and also 3,500 plant species. The zoo is not just famous for its conservation facilities but is one of the well-equipped animal facilities in America. White rhinos, gaur, vultures, markhor, and numerous types of eland, gazelle, and deer are some of the species that are being conserved here.
The orangutans, siamangs found here swing freely and offer entertainment to the visitors. The most attractive point of this Zoo is The Sunbear Forest. The waterfalls, gorillas and the meadows all make it a delightful spot.
The Safari Park is also a wonderful way to view the wildlife through canters.
It is a great place for families and nature lovers as you will get to learn a lot while having a great time. They also have several animal shows all through the day.
San Diego Zoo Travel Tips
- The Park is located 30 miles north of downtown San Diego. It is open 365 days a year. Plan a full day and carry strolling shoes, sunscreen and water for your experiences. Book in advance to guarantee your place.
- Parking is free and available.
Entrance Ticket Details For San Diego Zoo
- Given price is for 1 day pass for adults (12 & older)
- 1-day pass for children (3 -11): 40 USD
- For other ticket prices, check the official website.
How to Reach San Diego Zoo
- San Pasqual Valley Rd
- Sears Home Services, Cappuccino in the Park, Friars Folly Wine Cellar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.25% of people who visit San Diego include San Diego Zoo in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
50.22% of people start their San Diego Zoo visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see San Diego Zoo
91.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo Reviews & Ratings
Is there a way to tour the zoo from a cart, inexpensively? Travelling with an 80 year old friend.Answer Report Abuse
Free shuttle bus service is offered inside the San Diego Zoo. You may also opt for the wheelchair or motorized wheelchair that is offered at a first-come-first-serve basis. I suggest you call on 619-231-1515 to inquire about the rent price. San Diego Zoo also offers the Discovery Cart Tour which is suitable for all age groups.Report Abuse