Shelter Island, San Diego
About Shelter Island, San Diego
Shelter Island, San Diego - Address
Address: Shelter Island Dr San Diego, CA 92106
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.1K times in trip plans
Island, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This man made Marina Peninsula is more popular than its sister peninsula, Harbor Island. Shelter Island Drive runs through the center of the peninsula, connection various small tourist attractions. These include:
- The Friendship Bell pagoda gifted by San Diego's sister, Yokohama.
- The Tunaman's Memorial, a larger-than-life bronze sculpture by Franco Vianello.
- The Pearl of the Pacific fountain is a popular outdoor wedding venue.
Several events are held througout the year at on the island. These include the September Yacht Fest, summertime concerts, the Big Bay Boom fireworks display on the fourth of July and the Parade of Lights in December.
How To reach Shelter Island by Public Transport
- Bus 28 and 84 stop Shelter Island Dr & Rosecrans St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shelter Island, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
Been coming here since I was a child. Lots of great areas to enjoy picnics, watch the sailboats pass by, enjoy the sea breezes, many footpaths for walking, and lots of great photo opportunities. The last time I was here I saw a harbor seal right near the riprap boulders and got a couple phone pics of her. Bonus photo opportunity when a Columbian ship set out from dock at The Port of San Diego, got several great shots. A very relaxing place to spend an afternoon, enjoy a picnic lunch, or just walk and enjoy the sights. It's also close to the San Diego International Airport or the Embarcadero, and is quite easy to get to. Some amenities offered are Humphrey's Half Moon Inn, the Bali Hai, boat slips, boat charters, sport sailing and sport fishing. Incredible views of the San Diego skyline, as well. Lots of close by restaurants, bars, and shops for those so inclined.
Last year i used this place as part of my running route and it's a lovely quite area with some surprises!
Great place to walk, and to view Ospreys.
Fresh air, shimmering water and sailboats dancing in the breeze!
Quiet and a beautiful place
- Nearby Attractions
- Tourmaline Surfing Park
- Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve
- Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation
- Museum Of Photographic Arts
- Horton Grand Theatre
- Wells Fargo History Museum
- Alcazar Garden
- Desert Garden
- Presidio Park
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego