The Old Globe, San Diego
About The Old Globe, San Diego
The Old Globe, San Diego - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1363 Old Globe Way, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 12:01 am - 12:00 am Details
Added 14.1K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Theatre, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Old Globe theatre which is built around the same architectural structure as the Globe theatre in London, is an important cultural landmark in San diego.
This beautiful theatre is an active center for the arts. The open, simple and elegant structure helps make the theatre environment very inviting and lively. With over 15 annual productions in their summer season, it makes a lot of sense to actually watch a play here in order to take in this wonderful atmosphere. There are three smaller venues within the complex where the plays are held.
Located between the San Diego Museum of Art and San Diego Museum of Man, the place is sure to be a very interesting site to at least pass by from.
The Old Globe Information
- Some performances may not allow children.
- There is no ticket price for viewing it from outside but if you want to watch a performance, the prices of the tickets vary greatly.
- For the student’s group tour, one adult permission for every 10 students (up to 3 free adults) are allowed.
- For the tour visits, advance payment is applicable.
The Old Globe Ticket Prices
- Adults: 5 USD
- Students and seniors: 3 USD
- Tickets for events may vary.
The Old Globe Opening and Closing Hours
Box office hours:
- Tuesday to Sunday: 12pm – Final Performance Time; 12pm – 6pm (non-performance day).
- Closed on some holidays.
- Public tour of the theatre: Saturday & Sunday at 10:30am
- Duration of the public tour: 90 minutes
How To reach The Old Globe by Public Transport
- Old Globe Way
Restaurants Near The Old Globe
- Evolution Fast Food, Extraordinary Desserts, Hane Sushi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Old Globe, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
We have had season tickets for several years. It is true that there are no bad seats. All plays are very well acted and have great scenery - some of the best I've seen. Some have gone on to Broadway, some have bombed. But that's theater. You take the good with the not so good. Last season (2016) we left at intermission more times than we stayed. This season (2017) has returned to great theater. Don't be fooled by a play by someone you have seen in the movie theater. They are not always the best playwrights. Take a chance with perhaps the lesser priced seats (which are not cheap) and go for it. You will most likely walk away very satisfied. If it is a musical, you can count on something great - even if you have seen that musical 100 times!
What a great show!!! A wonderful way to start off the holiday season! We even got to meet Cindy Lou Who!!!
After seeing over a dozen different productions here, I can confidently say I've never been disappointed by this theater. Top caliber actor pit on performances to remember.
Play was super. Ushers great. Seating very good. I love the theater. You can hear and see no matter where you are seated.
We have been going to the Old Globe Theater for over 50 years. It has changed physically but the productions are usually fantastic whether at the indoor or outdoor venues. Add dinner at the Prado and you have a perfect evening.
- Nearby Attractions
- World Curry
- Devine Pastabilities, Torpasta
- Coronado Island Beach, Shopping And Hotel Del Coronado Beach Buggy Shuttle Tours
- Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel
- Kettner Exchange
- Balboa Park Visitors Center
- San Diego Wine Tours
- Fashion Valley Rd
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego