Torrey Pines State Beach, San Diego
About Torrey Pines State Beach, San Diego
Torrey Pines State Beach, San Diego - Address
Address: 13079 N Torrey Pines Rd, San Diego, CA 92121
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Beach, Walking Area
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This wide and sandy and windy beach has two parts - north and south. The south side is marked by sandstone cliffs. It is the bodyboarders and swimmers section. If you move north, you'll find a flag posted into the ground. Once you've crossed it, usually close to where sandstone cliffs end and the Los Penasquitos Lagoon salt marsh begins, you're in the north side. The north side is more popular with surfers, but generally less crowded than the south side. The three hundred feet tall sandstone cliffs are rather dramatically lit at sunset, which is a great time to click photos. A portion of the beach, known as Black Beach, is popular with nudists.
Torrey Pines State Beach Information
- No dogs, smoking or drones allowed nearby.
- There are showers and restrooms on the north side.
- Paid parking is available in the day.
- The surf can suddenly become ridiculously strong. Be careful.
- Rattlesnakes have been spotted nearby.
How To reach Torrey Pines State Beach by Public Transport
- Bus 101 stop N Torrey Pines & State Park Reserve
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
Torrey Pines State Beach, San Diego Reviews - Write a Review
Nice beach. One of the best beaches I have seen. The view from the cliff is awesome. Good parking space
My family and I love this beach. We live fairly close by and have tried many, but keep coming back. It's easy to get in and out of and good for families. Great sunsets too.
One of the best State beaches in our wonderful stare. Gorgeous, great parking, and some incredible trails to hike and run.
Nice beach with a great view. Finding Parking is a bit difficult and you have to walk for a long distance from parking spots to beach. Beach is nice and clean
Nice clean beach with great views
- Nearby Attractions
- Pier 32 Marina
- C Level Lounge
- M Winehouse
- 3502 Adams Ave
- Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/carmel Mountain Ranch
- Tijuana Otay Border Crossing
- 5500 Campanile Dr
- Whisknladle Bistro & Bar
- San Diego Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Diego
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Diego
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Diego
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Diego