University Of California114 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093, United States, San Diego
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-8585344414
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Aquarium, Educational Site, Theatre, University, Sculpture
Even if you're not a student looking to join there is a lot to see in their beautiful and prestigious college campus. The strange architectural meld of the main buildings, leading to a title as one of the ugliest campuses in the country. Not everyone agrees though, especially the visitors and the students. A quick walking tour should take you through:
- Geisel Library: The most striking building on campus, with Brutalist Architecture, named after Dr. Seuss, and looking just as quirky as his stories Eucalyptus groves.
- Birch Aquarium and museum: 3,000 Animals representing 380 species, on a hilltop.
- Public art, comprised most of the Stuart Collection, which is a collection of quirky sculpture.
- University Art Gallery
- The Loft: A student performance lounge.
- La Jolla Playhouse: Not-for-profit, professional theatre.
Free public tours begin at 2pm on Sundays in front of the Gilman Entrance Information Center.
University Of California Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 10:00pm
- Friday: 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday: 12pm - 8:00pm
How to Reach University Of California
- Buses 30, 41, 101, 150, 201, 237, 921 stop Gilman Dr & Myers Dr.
- Bus 101 stop N Torrey Pines Rd & Muir College Dr.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Diego before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Diego and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.36% of people who visit San Diego include University Of California in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
52.38% of people start their University Of California visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see University Of California
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting University Of California
University Of California Reviews & Ratings
Very fun environment. Place huge, you can have nice walk around the campus. Their library is the best place, 8 floors tall structure built in a shape of a spaceship kind of a thing. You will have best view of the campus from there. UCSD also has a nice Thai food joint and in their Price Center you will have different kind of food joints. Vivid place with people from different culture.
Working on perfecting my English language I absolutely love this school. Came from Russia and all the students are accesible and help showing around San Diego
We came to visit. Ali, she was our tour guide. Fantastic, she gave us a good tour and answered all our questions. I am sure she is a success and will have great future. University is amazing 7.5 times bigger than Disney land and library has 5 billion, plus books. We loved it. Came back for parents day. Informative.
In an upper-level biology course at this California university they are teaching students that human fetuses are comparable to cancers and parasites. *See slide I posted from the class. And so what if it has nothing to do with abortion. The claim is it’s an immunology course. Fine. You’re still comparing a FETUS to CANCER and other PARASITES. More liberal indoctrination and brainwashing.
One professor is bad from UCSD, Her name is Diane Uyeda. She failed 15 students before.