Angel Island Immigration Station91 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Angel Island Immigration Station, Angel Island, California, San Francisco, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4153489200
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Station
Angel Island was to USA’s west coast what Ellis Island was to the east coast. It received many waves of immigrants from across the Pacific Ocean 1910 – 1940. Later scheduled for demolition, the discovery of about 200 Chinese poems carved into the walls of detention barracks here led to an interest in preserving this important heritage. Today, the museum recounts the adventures and trials of the mainly Chinese prisoners who were interrogated at the Station.
Angel Island Immigration Station Travel Tips
- Tours can only be reserved for groups of 5-30.
- Guided tours are USD 7 per person for non-school groups; USD 5 for school groups.
- Non-service/guide digs; Roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, and scooters; wood fires are not permitted on Angel Island
Entrance Ticket Details For Angel Island Immigration Station
- Adults : $5
- 6-17 Years: $3.00
- 5 & Under: Free
- Tour maximum: 30 people
- Cost per person: $7 adults, $5 children (5-11 yrs)
- Tour Length: approx. 1 hour 20 minutes
Reserved School Groups:
- Tour maximum: 35 people (including chaperones)
- Cost per person: $3
- Tour Length: approx. 1 hour
Angel Island Immigration Station Hours
- Guided tours depart at 11:00 am, 12:30 pm, & 1:45 pm.
How to Reach Angel Island Immigration Station
- Limited ferry service to Angel Island, with departures from Tiburon (ANGEL ISLAND-TIBURON FERRY COMPANY) and Pier 41 (BLUE AND GOLD FLEET).
- Once you land, it’s a 40 minute walk along the Northridge Trail. Follow the signs and ask for directions.
- Contact the Angel Island Company at www.angelisland.com for cost and schedule of Immigration Shuttle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.44% of people who visit San Francisco include Angel Island Immigration Station in their plan
95% of people start their Angel Island Immigration Station visit around 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Angel Island Immigration Station
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Angel Island Immigration Station
Angel Island Immigration Station Reviews & Ratings
Immigrants from asia mostly china came here n restricted and suffered. Come n see history it's beautiful island.
You need to bike or take a shuttle from where you park to the museum so be prepared!
Angel Island, the Ellis Island of the West, has a fascinating history as well as very nice present. You can hike around the island, going to the top of the hill, and get amazing views of San Francisco, while imagining what it might have been like for the many (mostly Asian) immigrants who came through this way. make time for the little museum, too.