Aquarium of the Bay is public aquarium in San francisco. It located at Embarcadero and Beach Street, at the edge of Pier 39. San francisco aquarium is home to over 50 Sharks and also has Skates, Bat Rays, Eels, secretive octopus, hypnotic jellyfish, sparkling anchovies, Flatfish, Rockfish, frolicking river otters, Kelpfish, Prickle Backs, Sturgeons and several more than 20,000 marine animals. The aquarium exhibits are divided into three parts:
- Discover the Bay: Houses several tanks containing local marine life.
- Under the Bay: 300 feets of tunnels with thousands of species of marine life intended as a replication of the San Francisco Bay.
- Touch the Bay: Visitors can touch the animals including some Bat Rays, Skates, Leopard Sharks, Sea Stars, and Sea Cucumbers.
The San Francisco aquarium bay theater also has 3D movie screenings that are informative and entertaining. You can see feeding to the sharks, rays, and fish of San Francisco Bay. A Smithsonian Affiliate, the Aquarium is a Green Business City as certified by the San Francisco City. It is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. San francisco Bay aquarium is an amazing place to visit in the way everything inside the aquarium is so properly arranged and attractively presented to the visitors. Walk through the two glass tunnels in the aquarium with your family, spotting down your favorite aquatic animal from the display and witness the sight of the divers feeding the rays and the anemones. Based on your preference and speed, you can either use the moving walkway or the stationary one inside the aquarium.
Home to hundreds of marine animals, the place attracts a lot of tourist throughout the year. You can enter the place after purchasing Aquarium of the Bay Tickets available here. The Tickets for Aquarium of the Bay are quite reasonable and can be purchased with certain Aquarium of the Bay Ticket Prices. The aquarium provides certain concession in Aquarium of the Bay Ticket Costs for children and students. Ensure to get early to Buy Tickets for Aquarium of the Bay easily. With such a wide variety of animals, the place surely get crowded during peak seasons.
Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following San Francisco itinerary 7 days.
Aquarium Of The Bay Travel Tips
- The Aquarium may shut early on certain occasions in case of private events.
- Aquarium bay ticket booths are located on Pier 39 and Pier 41, as well as at the Visitors Service desk at the main entrance.
- With the exception of the Giant Pacific Octopus, flash photography is allowed for animals in all of the bay Aquarium exhibits.
- 75 minutes Feed the Sharks Tour.
- 45 minutes Behind the Scenes tour at Aquarium of the Bay.
Entrance Ticket Details For Aquarium Of The Bay
San francisco Bay aquarium tickets -
- Adult: USD 26.95
- Child: USD 16.95
- Seniors: USD 21.95
- Family Rate (2 adults + 2 children): USD 75
- Aquarium of the Bay tour tickets (Behind-the-Scenes): USD 17
- Feed the Sharks tour price: USD 27
- One 3D Film : USD 5
- Two 3D Films : USD 8
Aquarium Of The Bay Hours
- Aquarium of the bay timing: 10 am – 8 pm
- Feed the Sharks Tour timing: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays at 2:30pm
- Sevengill Shark feeding time: 11:15 am, Tuesdays and Saturday
- Animal encounter time: 11:30 am, 12:45 pm, 4 pm
- River Otter feeding time: 11:55 am
- Jelly talk: 12:15 pm
- Bay Ray feeding time: 1:15 pm, 4:30 pm
- River Otter feeding: 2 pm
- Shark talk: 2:15 pm
- Squid dissection: 2:30 pm
- Tunnel Feeding time: 3 pm, Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays only
- Tidepool talk: 3:30 pm
Aquarium of the Bay tour timing -
- Everyday: 1 pm
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 4 pm
How to Reach Aquarium Of The Bay
- Bus Stop: North Point St. & Kearny St.
- Tram Stop: Embarcadero & Stockton St.
- Forbes Island
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Crab House at Pier 39
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.06% of people who visit San Francisco include Aquarium Of The Bay in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
47.37% of people start their Aquarium Of The Bay visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Aquarium Of The Bay
52.63% of people prefer walking in order to reach Aquarium Of The Bay