Asian Art Museum Of San Francisco1868 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 200 Larkin St, San Francisco, CA 94102, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4155813500
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums
The museum houses one of the most extensive collections of Asian art in the world. The collection has over 18,000 works of art and artefacts from 40 Asian countries, some of which are 6000 years old. The highlight is the oldest dated Buddha statue in Gallery 16.
The museum also conducts hourly guided tours with well-informed docents who provide interesting commentary. Also sample the menu at the in-house Asia Cafe and stop by the Museum Store for some handcrafted items imported from Asia. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following San Francisco itinerary 2 days.
Asian Art Museum Of San Francisco Travel Tips
- Pencil sketching is permitted in the permanent galleries.
- Still photography in the permanent galleries (second and third floors) is permitted if done for personal, non-commercial use.
- The use of flashes, tripods or video cameras is prohibited.
- Strollers are available at the Coat Check and diaper-changing facilities are available in all museum restrooms.
- Many special exhibitions require purchase of premium tickets.
- Courtesy of Target, general museum admission is free every first Sunday of the month.
- Silence cellular phones and pagers in the museum.
- Check all backpacks, umbrellas and parcels larger than 12” by 12” by 12” at the Coat Check.
- Dress appropriately. Shoes and shirts are required.
Entrance Ticket Details For Asian Art Museum Of San Francisco
- Seniors 65 and older : 10 USD
- University Students : 10 USD
- Youth (13-17) : 10 USD
- Entry is free for children under twelve years.
How to Reach Asian Art Museum Of San Francisco
- Tram Stop: Civic Center/UN Plaza
- Bus Stop: McAllister St. & Polk St.
- Cafe Asia
- Market Street Grill
- Sam’s Diner
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.63% of people who visit San Francisco include Asian Art Museum Of San Francisco in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
45.95% of people start their Asian Art Museum Of San Francisco visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Asian Art Museum Of San Francisco
93.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Asian Art Museum Of San Francisco