Bernal HeightsCurrently Open
- Address: Bernal Heights, San francisco, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Neighborhoods
This neighbourhood’s popularity has been rising nearly as steeply as its streets since the 1990s. When the 1906 Earthquake happened, Bernal Height’s bedrock foundation shrugged most of the affects off. Today, you can still see the ‘earthquake cottages’ built to house refugees here.
The Bernal Heights Summit rises prominently into the sky. The wide parklands make it one of the most outdoors neighborhoods in the city. Popular with young families and the LGBT crowd, the locality has a chilled out café and bar scene.
The main attraction here is the Bernal Heights Park. It has a very ‘Scottish Highlands’ feel to it. The views of San Francisco from the heights are unbeatable.
Make sure to check out:
- Holly Park Children’s Park
- Precita Park
- Alemany Farmers Market
- The many cool restaurants such as Blue Plate, El Zocalo, Emmy's Spaghetti Shack, Liberty Café, Little Nepal, Progressive Grounds
- Alemany Flea Market
- Red Hill Books
- Wild Side West Bar
Events to watch out for:
- August: Bernal Heights Hill-Wide Garage Sale
- Fiesta on the Hill
- September and October: Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema
- October: San Francisco Illegal Soapbox Derby
How to Reach Bernal Heights
- Street car J stop 30th St & Dolores St
- Buses 24, 36 stop 30th St & Dolores St
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.