Civic CenterCurrently Open
- Address: Civic Centre, San Francisco, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Library, Monument, Plaza, Architecture , Heritage Building, Hall
This is San Francisco’s historical and political heart. Beautiful classical architecture buildings surround the centre. The most prominent of these is the magnificent City Hall. Other attractions around the civic centre include:
- San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Cente
- United Nations Plaza
- Civic Centre Plaza
- Supreme Court of California HQ
- Davies Symphony Hall
- Federal Bureau of Investigation San Francisco Field Office
- Phillip Burton Federal Building
- Asian Art Museum
- San Francisco Public Library
- Pioneer Monument
Tourist-wise, the Civic Centre holds a curious reputation. The crime-ridden skid row Tenderloin neighbourhood nearby lends the area a seedy reputation after dark, yet its also the location of the San Francisco's Gay Pride Parade, the City's Earth Day celebration, St. Patrick's Day Parade, the Love Parade, and the San Francisco LovEvolution party.
At the very least, you can walk around the area in broad daylight, click nice pictures, and move along.
Civic Center Travel Tips
- Don’t hang around nearby after dark.
How to Reach Civic Center
- Buses F, T-Owl, MUNI, 6, 7, 9 stop at Market St & Hyde St.
- Buses 10, 47, 49, 70, 90, 101 stop at Van Ness Av & Turk St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.66% of people who visit San Francisco include Civic Center in their plan
95% of people start their Civic Center visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Civic Center
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Civic Center