Crissy Field1309 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4155617690
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Cafe, Picnic Spot, Sculpture
Crissy Field is a former U.S. Army airfield part of the erstwhile Presidio of San Francisco. After it was shut down, the area was taken over by the National Park Service and converted into a public recreational space. While many buildings in the area have been restored and kept as they were, some have been converted to retail shops and residences. It is part of the Golden Gate National Recreational Area. The main features are:
- The West Bluff: It has a picnic area, the Warming Hut Cafe and walking trails leading to Golden Gate Bridge and Fort Point.
- The Beach: The shore has been cleaned up and restored and sand dunes have been created.
- The Promenade: The Golden Gate Promenade runs from the Crissy Field Centre to the Warming Hut.
- The Tidal Wetlands: This restored marsh is now a habitat for several species of fish and birds.
- The Crissy Field Centre: An educational centre that runs summer programs and youth activities.
- Mark di Suvero Sculptures: The SFMOMA has displayed 8 sculptures here.
A former U.S. Army airfield, Crissy Field today stand as a very popular recreation park and known to attract a lot of visitors. It does not need any Crissy Field Tickets to enter the premises as the place is divided into different segments. You get to enjoy a beach, a promenade, wetland and sculptures, all at free of cost. Yes! No long queue to Buy Tickets for Crissy Field or worry about Crissy Field Ticket Prices. Just go to the place and delve into its beauty without spending a penny.
Crissy Field Travel Tips
- Although the water is usually clean and safe, heed warnings when they are posted.
- The wind usually picks up by mid-day. If you want a quiet walk, go during the early morning hours.
- Wear sunglasses as the wind blows sand into your eyes.
How to Reach Crissy Field
- Bus Stop: Stilwell Hall
- Warming Hut
- Beach Hut Cafe
- Bobo's (Boboquivari's)
- Cafe Lombard
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Crissy Field Address: 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129, United States
- Crissy Field Contact Number: +1-4155617690
- Crissy Field Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Crissy Field: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
5.72% of people who visit San Francisco include Crissy Field in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40% of people start their Crissy Field visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Crissy Field
87.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Crissy Field
People normally club together 555 California Street and Hyde Street Pier while planning their visit to Crissy Field.