A unique experience in San Francisco, The Exploratorium is an interactive Science, Art and Human perception museum. The numerous museum exhibits are aimed to help understand the world around us in an exciting and challenging way. Do visit the Tactile Dome for an experience that takes you through complete darkness and lets you explore the exhibit entirely through your sense of touch. On Thursday nights they host events and exhibits aimed at Adults only and the evening can be spent learning about the world around while sipping on cocktails. The daytime exhibits are enjoyed by families and kids love the interactive and educational experience. The SeaGlass Restaurant offers spectacular views of the Bay and scrumptious food.
Explore the world of science by visiting the Exploratorium during your San Francisco trip. The Exploratorium is a perfect place to take your kids along with you as it will entertain and enlighten them at the same time. You can get the Exploratorium tickets from the ticket counter. If you want to ditch the line, then you can book the Exploratorium tickets, well in advance. You can also book the Exploratorium tour tickets to get a guided tour of the museum.
- The Exploratorium is fully wheelchair accessible.
- Comfortable shoes are a must.
- There are coin-operated lockers just past ticketing and the Info Desk.
- Strollers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Youth (13–17), Seniors (65+), People with disabilities- 24 USD.
- Chikdren (4-12): 19 USD, children under 3: free
- After Dark Tickets & Weekly Thursday Night Adult Hours- 15 USD; Tactile Dome- 15 USD.
- Tram Stop: The Embarcadero & Green St
- Bus Stop: Battery St & Green St
- SeaGlass Restaurant
- Seismic Joint Cafe
- Coffee Kiosk & Espresso Tricycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.21% of people who visit San Francisco include Exploratorium in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
58.14% of people start their Exploratorium visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Exploratorium
78.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Exploratorium