Golden Gate Bridge21198 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA 94129, United States, 94129
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4159215858
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Landmark, Scenic Drive, Bridge, Architecture , Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
This iconic bridge is one of the largest suspension bridges in the world and is regarded as one of the wonders of the modern world. The child of Leon Moisseiff, who designed and built it, and Irwing Morrow, who designed the towers and the general layout, the bridge is very tourist-friendly, equipped railings, walkways, and pedestrian halts so you may take in the beautiful panoramas. It features in many books and movies and had become synonymous with San Francisco.
Golden Gate Bridge Travel Tips
- Cyclists have toll free access 24/7 to both East and West sidewalks.
- Pedestrains are allowed access only on the East Sidewalk.
- Roller blades, skates, skateboards, wheelbarrows and pushcarts are NOT allowed on the bridge.
- Electric bikes or small scooters may NOT be ridden across the sidewalk in the power-on mode. They are allowed to be pushed or ridden across the sidewalk in the power-off mode only.
- Persons on roller blades, skateboards, or roller skates are NOT allowed.
- Animals, including dogs and horses, which are being led, ridden or driven, with the exception of service animals, such as guide dogs, signal dogs and service dogs, are NOT allowed.
- Pushcarts, wheelbarrows, and similar vehicles are NOT allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Golden Gate Bridge
- Though there are no tickets, toll rates ranging from $6 - $42 may apply.
Golden Gate Bridge Hours
- For sidewalk hours for cyclists, please prefer official website.
How to Reach Golden Gate Bridge
- Golden Gate, San Francisco
- Buses 2, 4, 8, 10, 18, 24, 27, 38, 44, 54, 56, 101, 101X, 97, 93
- Golden Gate Bakery
- Golden Gate Meat Company
- Greens Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.8% of people who visit San Francisco include Golden Gate Bridge in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
28.52% of people start their Golden Gate Bridge visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Golden Gate Bridge
90.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Golden Gate Bridge
Hello, My mother use to live in San Francisco and moved to VA. She passed away last month and wants her ashes scattered off or around the Golden Gate Bridge. Can you please tell me the rules for scattering ashes in CAAnswer Report Abuse
Not sure. Would recommend that you get information about this by calling the Golden Gate Bridge contact number 1-4159215858.Report Abuse