Golden Gate Bridge Tours
About Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
This iconic bridge is one of the largest suspension bridges in the world, and is regarded as one of the wonders of the modern world. The child of Leon Moisseiff, who designed and built it, and Irwing Morrow, who designed the towers and the general layout, the bridge is very tourist friendly, equipped railings, walkways, and pedestrian halts so you may take in the beautiful panoramas. It features in many books and movies and had become synonymous with San Francisco. Golden Gate Bridge is one of the tourist attractions in San Francisco One Day Itinerary. You must visit this amazing tourist attraction in San Francisco.
San Francisco trip planner will help you figure out how to reach Golden Gate Bridge.
Golden Gate Bridge Information
- Cyclists have toll free access 24/7 to both East and West sidewalks.
- Pedestrains are allowed access only on the East Sidewalk.
- Roller blades, skates, skateboards, wheelbarrows and pushcarts are NOT allowed on the bridge.
- Electric bikes or small scooters may NOT be ridden across the sidewalk in the power-on mode. They are allowed to be pushed or ridden across the sidewalk in the power-off mode only.
- Persons on roller blades, skateboards, or roller skates are NOT allowed.
- Animals, including dogs and horses, which are being led, ridden or driven, with the exception of service animals, such as guide dogs, signal dogs and service dogs, are NOT allowed.
- Pushcarts, wheelbarrows, and similar vehicles are NOT allowed.
Golden Gate Bridge Tickets Prices
- Though there are no tickets, toll rates ranging from $6 - $42 may apply.
Golden Gate Bridge Opening and Closing Hours
- For sidewalk hours for cyclists, please prefer official website.
How To Get To Golden Gate Bridge by Public Transport
- Golden Gate, San Francisco
- Buses 2, 4, 8, 10, 18, 24, 27, 38, 44, 54, 56, 101, 101X, 97, 93
Restaurants Near Golden Gate Bridge
- Golden Gate Bakery
- Golden Gate Meat Company
- Greens Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA 94129, United States
Ticket Price: 5 USD
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 175.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Landmark, Scenic Drive, Bridge, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Golden Gate Bridge Tickets And Tours
Take the ultimate sunset cruise, California-style! Relax as you enjoy amazing views of San Francisco and a light appetizer buffet during this casual two-hour cruise of San Francisco Bay. The sailings are timed to coincide with sunsets; the Sunset Bay Cruise departure time and route will differ to the Twilight Cruise which sails during the winter months.
With San Francisco's largest fleet of Motorized Classic Cable Cars you can be sure that once you Hop Off at each stop the next Cable Car is on its way!
Take advantage of this 3.5-hour trip through two of Californiaâs best-regarded destinations, Muir Woods and Sausalito. Travel across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge by bus and take in views of San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean. Venture through a towering cathedral of some of the worldâs oldest trees and learn about them at the parkâs museum and bookstore. Then take a drive through Sausalito, where youâll be able to view the quaint shops and restaurants as well as take in the beautiful surroundings along the waterfront promenade. To really experience Sausalito, purchase the package with the Ferry and take your time before returning back by boat.
Explore San Francisco in a private luxury vehicle and enjoy everything that San Francisco has to offer including theÂ Embarcadero Center, Cable Car, Golden Gate Bridge, Twin Peaks, Coit Tower and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Other popular attractions include North Beach, Pier 39, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, Alcatraz, Buena Vista Park, Cable Car Museum and many other points of interest.
This is a beautiful bridge. The panoramic views of the bridge don't do it justice. You have to get up close and walk out on the bridge to truly see all the detail and beauty it has to offer. From the bridge you have excellent views of the city and Alcatraz. I will go back and I would highly recommend.
Seen many times in pictures but to experience it first hand being there is just something else. Its long, magnificent, and hell of an engineering done to make this stand out from the rest of the bridges around the world. There are numerous spots for photo ops on all sides of the bridge. you can walk, bike, run, or just stroll to get the perfect photos on this bridge.
Its a pleasure for me, to visit Golden Gate Bridge and experience how beautiful it is. ❤ Everybody appreciate the sight seeing. My friends and I really had fun taking pictures around. 😍🤗🇺🇸🌉👍 Best Bridge ever. 😅😅😅
You've seen in in photos, but you must experience all aspects of this modern day wonder. I've walked, biked and driven across the bridge and it does not disappoint. From the micro climates experienced while walking it and feeling the movement through the car tires - it is a surreal experience. I've been lucky enough to visit this beauty from the bottom looking up to the West entrance via the Coastal walkway. It is visually stimulating and pleasing as one looks at it from one of the sky high bar's in downtown SF. Do not miss it !
My wife and I visited this famous bridge Sunday, August 6th, 2017 and I was totally in awe. My wife is from the Bay Area so the Golden Gate was no big deal to her, but for me it was definitely a "bucket list" moment. And whatever you do, don't just drive over the bridge. Get out of your car and walk on the Golden Gate. You will love it.
- Other Attractions
- The Gondola At Heavenly
- Tallac Historic Site
- Eagle Falls Hike
- Pope Beach
- Magic Carpet Golf
- Lake Tahoe Balloons
- Van Sickle Bi-state Park
- South Tahoe Ice Arena
- Adventure Mountain
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near The Gondola At Heavenly
- Budget Hotels Near Vikingsholm
- Budget Hotels Near Tallac Historic Site
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Eagle Falls Hike
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Pope Beach
- 5 Star Hotels Near Magic Carpet Golf
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Lake Tahoe Balloons
- Luxury Hotels Near Van Sickle Bi-state Park
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near South Tahoe Ice Arena
- Hotels Near Adventure Mountain
- City Tripplans
- San Francisco Itinerary 5 days
- San Francisco Itinerary 7 Days
- San Francisco Itinerary 4 Days
- San Francisco Itinerary 3 Days
- San Francisco Itinerary 6 Days
- San Francisco Itinerary 1 Day
- San Francisco Itinerary 2 Days
- United States Itinerary 15 Days
- California Itinerary 10 Days
- USA Itinerary 3 Weeks