Hidden Garden Steps124 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 16th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4155546920
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Walking Area
Between Kirkham and Lawton streets at the golden gate heights, this148-step mosaic tile staircase extends the 16th Avenue. The project was initiated as an incentive to end the messy graffiti on the staircase. Communally funded and volunteer maintained, the steps are another symbol of San Franciscan’s love affair with their city. The largest figure on the steps are a 26-step long salamander, a striking figure. Also attractive are the butterflies and poppies.
How to Reach Hidden Garden Steps
- Judah St & 16th Ave: Street car 10, Bus N-Owl.
- Bus 66 stop Lawton St & Lomita Ave.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.