Maiden LaneCurrently Open
- Address: Maiden Lane, San Francisco., United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Street Food
Once upon a time, before the 1906 Earthquake, this street was one of the seediest places in San Francisco – a red light district where it was common hear of a murder report at least once a week. The quake destroyed the brothels, and an opportunistic jeweller led other merchants into reforming the area. Today, this pedestrian mall is lined with a number of high-end boutiques, elegant outside seating, and a tree-lined boulevard. The most important landmark here is the V. C. Morris Gift Shop.
Maiden Lane Travel Tips
- No vehicle traffic between 11 am and 5 pm.
How to Reach Maiden Lane
- Streetcar Line F stop Market St & 3rd St.
- Buses K-Owl, L-Owl, stop Market St & 3rd St.
- Buses 5, 5R, 6, 7, 9, 21, 30, 31, 38, 45, 800, 822 stop Market St & 3rd St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.