Museo Italo Americano6 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Fort Mason Centre,2 Marina Blvd Building C, San Francisco, CA 94123, United States
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4156732200
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Exhibition
Established in 1978, the museum focuses nearly exclusively on Italian and American Italian art and culture in California, and to a lesser degree, the rest of the United States. It’s one of the only two museums of its kind in the country. It’s a tiny establishment; it has a permanent collection featuring paintings, sculptures, and photographs of artists such as Beniamino Bufano, Francesco Clemente, Sandro Chia, Mimmo Paladino; the museum’s main traffic comes from its regularly scheduled special exhibitions and cultural programmes. It also organises basic to advance classes in the Italian language.
Museo Italo Americano Travel Tips
- Check out the library and the gift shop.
Museo Italo Americano Hours
- Monday visits are by appointment only.
How to Reach Museo Italo Americano
- Bus 22 stop Fillmore St & Jefferson St
- Bus 30 stop Jefferson St & Divisadero St
- Hyde/Powell Cable Car, last stop
- F Streetcar to Fisherman’s Wharf
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museo Italo Americano Reviews & Ratings
I've been to three events and all were unique, Italian, and interesting. I look forward to becoming a member
Always interesting exibitions and nice people. Great location for coffee or eat out, too, or browse the bookstore
Nice stuff but kind of small.
Great Italian lessons Great teachers!
great pieces of works