The place is really for the nobs (a disparaging British term for the noble, aristocratic and rich). The air of exclusivity in this neighbourhood is absolute, right from its Victorian houses and trendy boutiques to the Gothic Cathedral. Serene and picturesque, the hill was one of San Francisco’s Original Seven. It tends to liven up at night, thanks to the many excellent restaurants and nightclubs and bar, especially on Polk Street.
- Fairmont Hotel
- Flood Mountain
- Huntington Square
- Union Square
- Mary Hopkins Hotel
- Stanford Court
- Grace Cathedral
- Masonic Temple
- Cable Car Museum
Nob Hill Travel Tips
- This attraction listing is meant to serve as a walking tour. Individual attractions within Nob Hill may have their own attraction page. Keep this in mind when building itinerary.
How to Reach Nob Hill
- California St & Jones St Cable Car.
- Bus 27 stop Bush St & Jones St.
- Buses 2, 3, 27 stop Jones St & Sutter St.
- Bus 1 stop Clay St & Jones St.
- Big Four
- Sons & Daughters
- Seven Hills
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.9% of people who visit San Francisco include Nob Hill in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
25% of people start their Nob Hill visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Nob Hill
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nob Hill