Powell And Market Cable Car Turnaround295 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Powell and Market Streets Junction, San Francisco, CA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Cable Car
As these cable cars are the world’s last manually operated cable cars, and as they travel a fixed line, they must be turned around manually at the end of the line. This famous turntable, at the junction of Powell and Market streets, is probably the most photographed contraption of its kind in the world. You’ll usually find a large crowd just beyond the turntable’s barriers, clicking away. It’s a surprisingly fun manoeuvre to watch. You may catch it from inside the cable car if you wish.
Entrance Ticket Details For Powell And Market Cable Car Turnaround
If you want to ride the cable car, the ticket details are as follows:
- Adult & Youth (ages 5-17): $6 each way
- For seniors or those with disabilities: $3
- Children below 5 years: Free
- 1-Day Visitor Passport: $14
- 3-Day Visitor Passport: $22
- 7-Day Visitor Passport: $28
You need to board the cable car from station.
How to Reach Powell And Market Cable Car Turnaround
- Streetcars J, KT, L, M, N, S stop Metro Powell Station/Downtown
- Buses 5, 5R, 21, 31 800 stop Market St & Powell St
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.27% of people who visit San Francisco include Powell And Market Cable Car Turnaround in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
37.5% of people start their Powell And Market Cable Car Turnaround visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Powell And Market Cable Car Turnaround
87.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Powell And Market Cable Car Turnaround