Telegraph HillCurrently Open
- Address: Telegraph Hill, San Francisco, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Hill, Picnic Spot, Neighborhoods , Nature
There are two ways to enjoy the charms of Telegraph Hill – start from the top, or from the bottom. Either way, you get to enjoy its soaring location over the city’s waterfront. The main attraction is the Coit Tower on top of the hill. From there, it’s 400 steps down the hill, with beautiful gardens and houses on each side of the path. Keep an eye out for a flock of parrots. Some of the iconic attractions on Telegraph Hill are Filbert Steps, Julius’ Castle, and Napier Lane.
The hill gets its name from an early 18th century semaphore tower that would look at the ships coming into the harbour from far off, and signal out the content of the ships.
How to Reach Telegraph Hill
- Bus 39 stop Stockton St & Filbert St
- Bus 8, 30 45, 91 stop: Columbus Ave & Green St
- Mason St & Filbert St Cable Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Telegraph Hill Address: Telegraph Hill, San Francisco, United States
- Telegraph Hill Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Telegraph Hill: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.72% of people who visit San Francisco include Telegraph Hill in their plan
95% of people start their Telegraph Hill visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Telegraph Hill
People normally also visit Biscuits And Blues while planning their trip to Telegraph Hill.