The Magic Theatre46 Votes
- Address: Fort Mason Center, 2 Marina Boulevard, Building D, 3rd Floor San Francisco, California 94123, United States
- Phone: +1-4154418822
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Play, Theatre
Located at the historic Fort Mason Center, in the Marina District of San Francisco, this theatre is famous for its commitment to developing new plays. It was formed in 1967. The plays here tend to be lavish, provocative, and Pulitzer-prize winning. Hundreds of fantastic playwrights found support here. Indeed, the centre receives hundreds of play proposals every month. Information on upcoming and ongoing productions may be found on the attraction website.
The Magic Theatre Travel Tips
- Have a bite at any of the nearby Chestnut Street’s yummy restaurants.
- It’s convenient to buy your tickets online.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Magic Theatre
- Previews: $30
- Tuesdays - Thursdays: $45-55
- Fridays – Sundays: $50-60
The Magic Theatre Hours
- The Box Office opens 1 hour prior to the start of the show.
- Box office hours during show days:Tuesday–Saturday: 12pm to 5pm
- Box office hours during non-show days: Monday–Friday: 10am to 5pm
- Show times vary from production to production.
How to Reach The Magic Theatre
- Bus 22 stop Fillmore St & Jefferson St.
- Bus 30 stop Jefferson St & Divisadero St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Magic Theatre Reviews & Ratings
Very enjoyable theater with a nice lounge area, good selection of food and drink (and you can bring them into the theater!). Easy parking and restaurants nearby for pre show refreshments.
Neat and clean. Comfy assigned seating. Korean subtitles for all english movies, which I wasn't expecting! Fancy bathrooms too. Their self service ticketing was either down or may have been turned off since we arrived a couple minutes after starting time. Instead we had to wait in the concessions line for tickets.
Oedipus El Rey was a fantastic production. very spare set, just 5 actors, and all excellent!
Very intimate theater with lots of history
Wonderful theater space. Resting place was very well done... You should see it!