Treasure IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Treasure Island Museum Association, San Francisco, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Outdoors, Island, Walking Area, Entertainment, Flea Market, Nature
Since it was created by man in 1936, the island has been used variously as an airport for flying boats, a naval base and training centre, a filming location (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Flubber, What Dreams May Come, Patch Adams, Bicentennial Man), and now as a general tourist attraction. There are multiple wineries on the island, some of which offer tasting tours. There’s a flea market on the last weekend of every month. The Administration Building Museum Gallery and the Winery Gallery, operated by the non-profit Treasure Island Museum Association, tells the history of the island of the San Francisco Bay. Other than that, visit the submarine USS Buttercup for a glass of wine, go fishing on the north side, or picnic at Clipper Cove.
Treasure Island Hours
- The dates of the flea market are posted about a month in advance on the Treasure Island Flea website.
How to Reach Treasure Island
- Drive to here.
- Take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Francisco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Francisco and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Treasure Island Address: Treasure Island Museum Association, San Francisco, United States
- Treasure Island Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Treasure Island: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.92% of people who visit San Francisco include Treasure Island in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
50% of people start their Treasure Island visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Treasure Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Treasure Island
People normally also visit Mare Island while planning their trip to Treasure Island.