Church Of Sant' Agostino, San Gimignano
About Church Of Sant' Agostino, San Gimignano
Church Of Sant' Agostino, San Gimignano - Address, Phone Number
Address: Piazza Sant'Agostino, 10, 53037 San Gimignano SI, Italy
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.1K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Museum, History Museum, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Also known as the Chisea de Sant’Agostino, it is the 2nd largest church after the collegiate. It is owned by the Order of St. Agustine.
- It is a 13th century building with a simple exterior and richly decorated interior with a 17 cycle fresco design.
- These depict the life of St. Augustine and are made in a way that they surround the main altar in the large room.
- The altar is known as the Coronation of Virgin Mary.
- The small museum here houses the remains of the saint, a lay Franciscan who died of Leprosy and other art works.
Church Of Sant' Agostino Information
- During the winter period the opening times can change.
How To reach Church Of Sant' Agostino by Public Transport
- Sant'Agostino Bus Stop
Restaurants Near Church Of Sant' Agostino
- Panificio Boboli dal 1909 Di Mannozzi Alessandro & C. Sas
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Gimignano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Gimignano and book an accommodation of your choice.
Church Of Sant' Agostino, San Gimignano Reviews - Write a Review
Excellent monument of medieval culture and architecture. Stunning frescoes of XIV-XV XV centuries are inside. Visitors are allowed to take non commercial photo without flash light.
Worth a quick look
Holy mass at weekdays: 17.00
A really breathtaking architecture, however we went there around 1 pm and there were just too many tourists.
Nice church! Quite serene with a nice Piazza
- Nearby Attractions
- Il Vicario
- Affittacamere La Casina
- Fai - Torre E Casa Campatelli
- Relais Santa Chiara Hotel
- Podere Bellavista
- Palazzo Tortoli
- Villa La Palagina
- Piazza Della Cisterna
- San Gimignano Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Gimignano
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Gimignano
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Gimignano