Also known as the Chisea de Sant’Agostino, it is the 2nd largest church after the collegiate. It is owned by the Order of St. Agustine.
- It is a 13th century building with a simple exterior and richly decorated interior with a 17 cycle fresco design.
- These depict the life of St. Augustine and are made in a way that they surround the main altar in the large room.
- The altar is known as the Coronation of Virgin Mary.
- The small museum here houses the remains of the saint, a lay Franciscan who died of Leprosy and other art works.
Church Of Sant' Agostino Travel Tips
- During the winter period the opening times can change.
How to Reach Church Of Sant' Agostino
- Sant'Agostino Bus Stop
- Panificio Boboli dal 1909 Di Mannozzi Alessandro & C. Sas
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Gimignano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Gimignano and book an accommodation of your choice.
22.12% of people who visit San Gimignano include Church Of Sant' Agostino in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
61.11% of people start their Church Of Sant' Agostino visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Church Of Sant' Agostino
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Church Of Sant' Agostino
Church Of Sant' Agostino Reviews & Ratings
Is there parking for Sunday mass? Is 11:00 mass in English?Answer Report Abuse