Events and Festivals in San Gimignano
- January: Festival of city’s patron saint is celebrated on 31st January.A liturgical ceremony and traditional fair is conducted on the day.
- February: Carnival of San Gimignano is celebrated from January through February. A huge parade is organized with papier-mâché decorations, confetti, masked-groups and music.
- March: Festival of Santa Fina is held on 12th March with a liturgical ceremony and a traditional fair. Biennial homecoming day is organized for the emigrants who are no more a part of the city.
- May: A long distance bike race called Gran Fondodella Vernaccia is held on second Sunday of May.
- June: Feriedelle Messi, a historical and medieval festival is held on third weekend of June.
- August: Calici sotto le stele, an open air wine tasting festival is held on August 10th.
- December: Concerto di Natale, a Christmas Eve party is conducted with grandeur, soon followed by San Silvestrotra le torri, a New Year’s Eve party on 31st December.
Trip plans for San Gimignano